HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Orb Meta

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostIareDave, on October 20 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

View PostStubbornPuppet, on October 20 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

After reading this topic many days ago, I decided to give it a try.

Doesn't really work for me.  The fact that the repair orb makes you wait before you can suck the glorious health from it is just getting me killed.  I tried pre-planning and leaving orbs in a good retreat spot close by to the combat... but the damn things disappear after about 20 seconds.

Eh, I'm probably doing it wrong... but I'm a goin' back to stuff that makes sense to me.

Perhaps you are taking the orb 'sitting' too seriously_ What I mean by that is you should dance around the orb (dodging in close proximity) while firing on the opponent. You'll still get the heals, and you will be a harder target to hit. Also, try dropping the orbs moments before you initiate an engagement.

Yeah, that's what I tried:  drop it just before I think I'll need it and dance around.  Problem is, I keep getting blasted by weapons with splash damage AND a lot of times the enemy destroys my orb before it does me any good.  Occasionally it's worked OK when I use it quickly while running away, by tossing it up ahead of me into a safe spot... but that required the mech chasing me to be slower.

There's also the problem with the delay between being able to use items...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users