HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Heat scout tips tricks and tatics and loadouts.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 04:23 PM

I have been  playing a wide varity of mechs  now I 'd like to play heat scout. Any heat scout vets out there that would be willing to give me some pointers.

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 22 2014 - 04:30 PM

Have you searched the stickies_ I've seen a few around.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 22 2014 - 05:12 PM

https://community.pl...ll-mech-guides/

Check some out here, list hasn't been updated for a little while, I've been busy, but still all relevant.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#4 Agile

Agile

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:34 AM

1. heat scout for starters = shoot at foot (not your own!)

2. heat scout for more advanced = lead your shots and direct hit

when in doubt -> see 1

Edited by Agile, October 23 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#5 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 10:40 AM

seems eoc and heat cannon have some similaritys  When aiming then.

#6 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 24 2014 - 07:28 PM

I can record some gameplay of me using HEAT Scout if you think that'd help you at all.

Edited by JeffMagnum, October 25 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#7 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 25 2014 - 05:43 AM

that would be great JeffMagnum for other players as well :)

#8 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 25 2014 - 09:12 AM

I had to record it on an alternate account of mine because this one's MMR was too high to join anything even through quickmatch, but here it is. The quality is also way better than my previous videos.

#9 Agile

Agile

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 11:28 AM

Nice that you took the time and wanted to spend the effort to make a video, too bad you used (or even have) an alternate account for that. You just messed up these peoples match... We should cater to the new people rather then stomp them, we need them in the future.

#10 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 03:59 PM

Agile, on October 25 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Nice that you took the time and wanted to spend the effort to make a video, too bad you used (or even have) an alternate account for that. You just messed up these peoples match... We should cater to the new people rather then stomp them, we need them in the future.
Your blame should be cast onto the devs who created a matchmaking system that fails when you exceed 2600-2700mmr. Back to OP: Charged shots for long range, targets in the air, or whenever the situation arises where you need to utilize the charged shots larger AoE. Similar to the tow, the heat requires you too lead your shots when faced with moving mechs. The speed is slightly slower than the tow. Also, aim for the ground beneath the target you wish to hit or around its legs as this maximizes your chance to hit.

solid clip Jeff +1

#11 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 04:40 PM

Your blame should be cast onto the devs who created a matchmaking system that fails when you exceed 2600-2700mmr. Back to OP: Charged shots for long range, targets in the air, or whenever the situation arises where you need to utilize the charged shots larger AoE. Similar to the tow, the heat requires you too lead your shots when faced with moving mechs. The speed is slightly slower than the tow. Also, aim for the ground beneath the target you wish to hit or around its legs as this maximizes your chance to hit.

solid clip Jeff +1

#12 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 25 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostAgile, on October 25 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

It's no more capable of stomping new players than this one since its MMR was 2450-2500 the last time I checked. Even with matches that have players I'm supposed to play against in them, sometimes I'm unable to join if there are lower-MMR players mixed in bringing the server average to maybe 1900 to the low 2000s. That 200-250 point difference from this account matters there, but it's hardly enough to allow me to play new players constantly. Also, all of the players in there were level 30 (and the two I fought for most of the video were both above 2100 MMR) and were good sports about it, plus I can't imagine Tsu minded considering he played another few 1v1 rounds with me after that one.

Now that that's cleared up and I added the info to the video description, anyone is free to add it to their (HEAT) Scout guide if they want to. I hadn't slept for two days when I recorded it so parts are kinda sloppy, but it's still decent overall. I was considering asking Dave/comic/hestoned to do a 1v1 HEAT Scout match for the footage, but I feel like using the mech against multiple decent people in a normal setting is better for this purpose than the drawn-out hiding/kiting/orb eating fests that are high-level HEAT Scout duels.

Edited by JeffMagnum, October 26 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#13 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 04:41 PM

JeffMagnum, on October 25 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

It's no more capable of stomping new players than this one since its MMR was 2450-2500 the last time I checked. Even with matches that have players I'm supposed to play against in them, sometimes I'm unable to join if there are lower-MMR players mixed in bringing the server average to maybe 1900 to the low 2000s. That 200-250 point difference from this account matters there, but it's hardly enough to allow me to play new players constantly. Also, all of the players in there were level 30 (and the two I fought for most of the video were both above 2100 MMR) and were good sports about it, plus I can't imagine Tsu minded considering he played another few 1v1 rounds with me after that one.

Now that that's cleared up and I added the info to the video description, anyone is free to add it to their (HEAT) Scout guide if they want to. I hadn't slept for two days when I recorded it so parts are kinda sloppy, but it's still decent overall. I was considering asking Dave/comic/hestoned to do a 1v1 HEAT Scout match for the footage, but I feel like using the mech against multiple decent people in a normal setting is better for this purpose than the drawn-out hiding/kiting/orb eating fests that are high-level HEAT Scout duels.
Consider asking the very whatever guy too, he's good but I forgot his name :(. Also, why are you so gud at as and what's your you tube

#14 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostAgile, on October 25 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Thanks for the videob but mObieduck is right about stomping new players you could have just played agaist bots or a normal game on your real acount.  This game needs more players and alot of people try hawken and get stomped and just do not come back. everyone should do everything you can to welcome new players and give them advice so they will become part of the commuinty. personaly when my team starts death balling  I choose a mech  I am not good with just to give the other team a better chance.

The heat scout and eoc pred play in a very similar way exect scout is faster. I 'll be fine ... just have to get used to the heat cannons projetile speed.

#15 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 04:46 PM

Never said the matchmaking system was not to blame for smuf acounts ..... all I s aid is that it could alinate newer players.
but we are getting off topic tips for heat scout.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 29 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#16 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:53 PM

Players with 2k+ mmr is not new players and will probably not leave hawken for good after getting stomped by a higher ranked player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users