HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What mech do you hate to piolet and why.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 11:04 AM

First what this thead is not it is not a place to rant about how bad a mech is. Everything being equal I have seen every mech piolted amazingly. What I want to know is what mechs do you have a problem piolting and why do you think that is. What two to four mecks do you never use and why. Could be a mech is difficult to drive. It could be you find its combanation of weapons awkward ,  Or it could be you find the mech just not fit into your personal play style or just not fun.

Fore me it was fred .... hate that mech. I got out of that thing as soon as I could. I hated the way it drives. weapons that it had also pushed me away from the assult. They mine as well be the same mech. Have no love  for brawler its ablity seems too weak and the meck is two  slow for me. Same is true of the bruiser ablity seems weak it is slow. It seems alot of people have a love hate relationship whith this mech though. I do or will play all the other  mecks as I can see how they can fit into my play style. The g2 Mechs seem more novelty  than anything else. For this reason I stay away from them as well. So what do you think_

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 23 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted October 23 2014 - 11:19 AM

I like, and tend to play quite a bit of, every mech.

However, even though it may be rank 5, I'm not very good with my bruiser. I thought getting the AR for it might make it easier, but I just can't use the weapons properly. I also can't seem to time the ability right.

I need to start Bruiser Training with Opi ;)
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#3 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted October 23 2014 - 12:00 PM

Bruiser, incinerator, brawler, grenadier, rocketeer.

I'm not fond of support so I generally don't play tech but the mech is fine to pilot.

The others I listed are slow and non-intuitive or lack suitability to my pkaystyle - fast, agile battery or fast, agile outmaneuver or poke leading to fast agile in your face battery.
Posted Image

#4 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted October 23 2014 - 12:07 PM

I didn't know there were other mechs besides Raider.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 23 2014 - 02:31 PM

Raiders. And I adore the G2 Raider, but suck so horribly that I haven't rolled it out of CO-OP play into pubs yet. I just suck with them, and that detracts from the fun-factor.
I like the G2 Assault, but it gets boring really quickly, because it's the same thing all the time: face hug, shred hell out of 2 or 3 mechs, die. that seems to be the limit to it's function. bleah.
First place_ Predator. (sorry all you Pred-fans) I just plain detest it and it's play style. Test drove it for awhile, and genned zero enthusiasm.
Just absolutely not my Cup of Tea.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 23 2014 - 03:01 PM

Fred/Assault.

Too powerful for the amount of skill it takes to pilot, too much of a general purpose mech, and its weapons and ability are boring.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#7 bkcat1

bkcat1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOuter space, destroying worlds

Posted October 23 2014 - 03:35 PM

The mechs that I play the least are Sharpshooter, Reaper, and Technician. I feel like I'm much better at getting into the action and being a meat shield with a C class.

#8 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 03:50 PM

Bruiser/rocketeer/tech. I put maybe 2 hours into all three mechs combined because I find aim assists the most mundane attribute in any game.

#9 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 03:58 PM

Berserker. Push for steroids for many seconds. Plus sustained fire. Bleh.
Posted Image

#10 Benrefle

Benrefle

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 05:27 PM

Predator, The weapon is just too underpowered.But always good to see some noob come into a tunnel in full health, and exit in fragment. :P

#11 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 23 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostBenrefle, on October 23 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Predator, The weapon is just too underpowered.But always good to see some noob come into a tunnel in full health, and exit in fragment. :P

If you're interested in learning Pred, I could give you a few pointers ingame.

Actually, I'm going to be teaching Pred this Saturday at 9 AM PST. Join us, if you'd like! Info here.

EDIT: Wrong time! Event starts at 9 AM PST, not 12 PM PST. In fact, 12 PM is when it ends!

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 24 2014 - 06:05 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#12 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted October 23 2014 - 10:03 PM

The G2-Assault.

It`s god terrible, and one should feel bad playing it.

#13 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted October 24 2014 - 12:41 AM

scout is my lover.......

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#14 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted October 24 2014 - 02:55 AM

While I love the concept of all the mechs,as I do own all of them and maxxed out,i can't play properly the SS(maybe I haven't put a lot of work to it).Also I can't play quite good the tech,never played healers before,and while its easy I keep forgetting about healing my teammates and engaging enemies :P.

@Miscellaneous,unguided hellfires at cqc like a tow.

@Arevizz,have you tried the G2-Assault in Sieges_I like the suppression it gives in objective game modes.

@Benrefle,take TwentyFirstPilot's advice!!!
@Benrefle & EM10,I would suggest you to dig Predator more.Cause when u'll get the feeling of it(mark my words) you will see that its more than that,its a great mech,that can be played with lots of playstyles.You just need to be more patient with it.It's my number one suspect to play always,after all I stalk my prey. :ph34r:

Edited by Odinous, October 24 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#15 TTU_Phoenix

TTU_Phoenix

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted October 24 2014 - 10:21 AM

Rocketeer for me.  All other mechs, I've either really liked (Assault, Raider, Berserker, Scout, Grenadier), have found decent/good but map-dependent (Sharpshooter, Bruiser, Reaper, Infiltrator) or I haven't really used (Incinerator, Predator).  But ugh, leveling the Rocketeer was a chore.  I'm decent with the Hellfires, but I didn't care for the Seeker.  I was bad at close range, too fat to run away, and struggled to get kills at long range.  Hit rank 5 and haven't really touched it since.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users