HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

(EU - USA event) The Saturday Hawken Training Center 2.0.

Announcement Community Event Forum

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Event times (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Best time.

1. Earlier (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Current (12 pm EST, 4 pm GMT) (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Later (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 17 2014 - 03:17 AM

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

You may or may not be aware that after quite a long discussion with Dawn_of_Ash I have taken over the event, see https://community.pl...-stepping-down/ .Hope this isn't a problem with anyone.

Right, now that we have that out of the way, time for business.

The event will take place every Saturday on nocturnal-instinct.eu. There will be guest teachers every week starting tomorrow 18/10/14. We will also play on US servers, and lag shouldn't be a problem because we're here to learn how to git gud, not pnw nubs. There'll be plenty of time for that later.

Next training in: http://a.chronus.eu/167D0E4

TS: nocturnal-instinct.eu

Password: none, there is no password. The password also isn't "none, there is no password'.

Server: Probably a fightclub server.

This week will be general map knowledge and navigation.

http://a.chronus.eu/167D0E4

If anyone wants to teach, please leave a reply and I'll get in touch. If there are no teaches we can do general tactics, movement, communication or anyone who shows up can teach if they want.

Cheers and see ya'll tomorrow (and if not next week),
~John Freeze

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 26 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#2 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted October 17 2014 - 03:25 AM

Wish you luck in the event! :D

Just a quesiton: Is it 12 noon or 12 midnight EST_ I always find it confusing. :lol:

#3 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 17 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 17 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Wish you luck in the event! :D

Just a quesiton: Is it 12 noon or 12 midnight EST_ I always find it confusing. :lol:

As far as I'm aware 12 pm is noon. I'm confused too. You know what, I'm just gonna use the 24h system from now on.

#4 Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationEspaña/Spain

Posted October 17 2014 - 06:07 AM

So now that Dr_Freeze001 will host the event, he will probably also teach people... how to use... the battletech...

Posted Image
(Yes, that satellite is a weapon of the Nereonian Army).

Edited by Kindos7, October 17 2014 - 06:11 AM.

Posted Image
Current status: Inactive

FOR NEREON, FOR THE MOTHERLAND

#5 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 17 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostKindos7, on October 17 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

So now that Dr_Freeze001 will host the event, he will probably also teach people... how to use... the battletech...

I'm not gonna say it'll never happen, but there are things with higher priority. Like TOW timing, poking, hellfire dodging,correct AC use, fuel management, map knowledge and positioning... You kown, stuff like that.

Also, ya can't teach experience!

But hey if there are no volunteer teachers tomorrow, who knows_

EDIT: also super secret Tech trade secrets, can't forget about those.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 17 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#6 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 17 2014 - 07:14 AM

noon on saturdays. see if i can slip that past the house spouse... :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#7 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 17 2014 - 08:21 AM

I am monitoring this thread.

When a final decision has been made on the time, I will update the community event listings around the place.

#8 Zuurkern

Zuurkern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBeergium

Posted October 17 2014 - 09:30 AM

I love that this is both EU and US, I play on both regions and have met some great people on both sides.

Will defo be there if I can make it!

#9 Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted October 17 2014 - 09:32 AM

Sooo this looks fun :)

Is it EU and US event or do you switch between regions or how does this work_

#10 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 17 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostBunnykillkill, on October 17 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Sooo this looks fun :)

Is it EU and US event or do you switch between regions or how does this work_

It is an EU and US event. The plan is to give the teacher the best ping, so it will take place in the region of their choice. Ping doesn't matter for the spectator due to the nature of this event, so basically everyone can join if their schedule/timezone allows it.

On the subject of teachers, next week (25/10/14) we will have the joy of receiving Predator training form the awesome TwentyFirstPilot. Thanks man, really appreciate it.

#11 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 18 2014 - 04:05 AM

Quick, ladies and gentlemen, I have made a mistake! EU time is 16:00 GMT, not 17:00 GMT. I confused GMT with GMT+1, which is my timezone.

I'm gonna try out countdown from now on, see how that goes. http://a.chronus.eu/1678224

Image for reference:
Posted Image

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 18 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#12 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 18 2014 - 12:18 PM

Alright, ladies and gents, today was the first of Traning 2.0, and we did a bit of everything.

We started off with some hellfire doging, and some of the point that we saw was the timing (obviously), but also the direction of doging. Simply put, if the hellfires are fired from an angle, dodging into the direction of the curve grately increases succes rate. We might do hellfire dodging again in a few weeks or as warmups.

We applied this practice by making an obstacle course with volunteers and I as rocketeers.

Next up was general movement and fuel management. I showed the basics of boosting, doging and hovering, and some of the awesome people who showed up gave some of their own insights into the use of dodging in combat situations that I didn't know in detail. Corner poking for example. Thanks a lot for that.

We applied this by doing duels with special attention to corner poking, fuel management and radar awareness.

After that we did some regular TDM's to practice map awareness and flanking tactics. That was interesting because the discussion of tactics and spotting of enemies while they can hear you makes for a very dynamic and reactory based game. We had attacking/defending groups, one-man flanking, fake-outs, baiting, all that good stuff.

Lastly we did what I think most poeple injoyed, some opbjective based TDM to practice some enemy position awareness.

Basically two volonteers are turreted rocketeers. the goal of each team is to destroy the other's rocketeer. BUT the rocketeer can move around and fight just like regular, as long as he doesn't leave turret mode (so no repairing). This made for a dynamic game with pushing, pulling and damage management in order to destroy one objective. That would be usefull in siege, for example, to focus on an enemy at the EU tree with most EU.

All in all, we did about two hours (one of the reasons for that being my fuzzy bunny-up)which was waaaay longer than I tought it would be. Maybe next time I will be a bit more organized and I can convey what I want to tell better.

Thanks a lot to everybody who showed up, at one point I think we had 9 people in TS (which is great!), and thanks for listening to me stuttering my way through explaining 'boostjumping'.

Remember, next week we will have the joy of the PREDATOR, by TwentyFirstPilot.

Please do join us at EU-GUV (Wednesday EU event) and see ya'll next week.

Freeze out!

Note: I will try to be on the TS about 30 min in advance, so if you have anything you'd like to practice more that would be the time to do that.
If you want to add anything feel free to do so in the replies.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 18 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#13 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 18 2014 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for the training session! It was good and i certainly learned a bit that i can use in the future :)

#14 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 18 2014 - 04:16 PM

Awesome. Looks like you all had a solid event. Will update the listings when i get home... whenever that is.

Question: will you be just sticking to this thread ala War Wednesdays_ Would just give a decent point of reference for non-forum types.

Edited by Amidatelion, October 18 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#15 Milithistorian

Milithistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 06:20 PM

You guys should videotape it and upload to youtube/stream so other people who can't make it can benefit.
Military Historian, Comedian(Master's in Puns)
Find me most anywhere as Milithistorian or something of the sort.

Yeah. Best sig ever, I know.

#16 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted October 18 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostMilithistorian, on October 18 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

You guys should videotape it and upload to youtube/stream so other people who can't make it can benefit.

I agree. The timing of this event is 12 midnight for me - which is not an easy task for me. I'd be excited to watch these training sessions if they were to be recorded. :)

#17 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 19 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 18 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Awesome. Looks like you all had a solid event. Will update the listings when i get home... whenever that is.

Question: will you be just sticking to this thread ala War Wednesdays_ Would just give a decent point of reference for non-forum types.

Do you mean whether I will make topics on the Steam forums and /r/Hawken and such_ Yea sure, I'll get right on that. The more people know it's happening the better.

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 18 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

View PostMilithistorian, on October 18 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

I agree. The timing of this event is 12 midnight for me - which is not an easy task for me. I'd be excited to watch these training sessions if they were to be recorded. :)

Well, unlike EU-GUV I do have the ability to record vids myself, but completely forgot about it. I'll try record some from now on, thanks for the input.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 19 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#18 Zuurkern

Zuurkern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBeergium

Posted October 19 2014 - 06:13 AM

Aww soo bummed I couldn't make it :( looks like you had a good time.

Also Freeze, if T-Grave and/or I can make it sometime, we can stream in pretty super high quality on Twitch, and archive the recording. Might be worth having multiple camera angles and stuff.

Edited by Zuurkern, October 19 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#19 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 19 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostZuurkern, on October 19 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

Aww soo bummed I couldn't make it :( looks like you had a good time.

Also Freeze, if T-Grave and/or I can make it sometime, we can stream in pretty super high quality on Twitch, and archive the recording. Might be worth having multiple camera angles and stuff.

Ah, very good indeed. As expected from my fellow Belgians ;). I'll take all the help I can get.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 19 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#20 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 19 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 19 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on October 18 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Do you mean whether I will make topics on the Steam forums and /r/Hawken and such_ Yea sure, I'll get right on that. The more people know it's happening the better.

Ah, actually I meant like using this thread for future announcements and the like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Community, Event, Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users