HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

(EU - USA event) The Saturday Hawken Training Center 2.0.

Announcement Community Event Forum

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Event times (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Best time.

1. Earlier (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Current (12 pm EST, 4 pm GMT) (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Later (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 19 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 19 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 19 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on October 18 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Awesome. Looks like you all had a solid event. Will update the listings when i get home... whenever that is.

Question: will you be just sticking to this thread ala War Wednesdays_ Would just give a decent point of reference for non-forum types.

Do you mean whether I will make topics on the Steam forums and /r/Hawken and such_ Yea sure, I'll get right on that. The more people know it's happening the better.

Ah, actually I meant like using this thread for future announcements and the like.

Well, for anything related to Training 2.0, of course I'll keep this thread up to date and announce teachers and such. Also posting vids and maybe training reports like the one for 18/10.

I would however like people's opinion on announcements like 'Training starts in 1h' and the like (like I try to do with the EU-GUV event). Is it too much or annoying_

#22 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 19 2014 - 02:11 PM

It seems like its perfectly fine. WW and SSSDM all do day-of reminders.

Gets people HYPED.

Also, updated listings.

#23 DiesInMud

DiesInMud

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Locationat the cookie jar

Posted October 20 2014 - 09:53 AM

Looking forward to it!
... and thinking about actually getting a headset so I don't annoy everyone with strange sounds from my mic. ^_^

Edited by DiesInMud, October 20 2014 - 09:53 AM.

View PostDr_Freeze001 said:

[...] the best way to survive is not get shot, and you make them not shoot you by shooting them first.

#24 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostDiesInMud, on October 20 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Looking forward to it!
... and thinking about actually getting a headset so I don't annoy everyone with strange sounds from my mic. ^_^

Honestly I think just simple earbuds are enough, seeing as the mic quality that you have now isn't that bad, it's just that the speaker cause an echo. I'm sure you can ask a friend for some, seeing as you can get them for free with electronics. Won't last for more than half a year, but hey, it's a free solution.

Of course a headset is worth buying, especially if you wanna start playing on TS often. It's a luxury of life thing. Buy a cheap (or expensive ;) ) headset now and you'll have no problem in the foreseeable future.

Anyway, cya at the Wednesday/Saturday events :). I think it's gonna be an interesting lesson :).

(Also nice signature :D )

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 20 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#25 Alvizzei

Alvizzei

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted October 21 2014 - 03:06 AM

I know the thread title is EU-US. But i'm gonna ask it anyway :)  is it okay for Asian zone player to join. My ping is usually at 320. will it be a problem_ i'm tired being sucks

#26 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 21 2014 - 03:19 AM

View PostAlvizzei, on October 21 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

I know the thread title is EU-US. But i'm gonna ask it anyway :)  is it okay for Asian zone player to join. My ping is usually at 320. will it be a problem_ i'm tired being sucks

Of course players from any timezone can join. The ping would only be a problem if we test out the theory after the lesson, but for most intents and purposes you'll be fine.

Please do join us, but do keep timezones in mind. I'll include a link and a countdown for your convenience.

To check timezones I use this website:  http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
And the countdown: http://www.timeandda...turday Training

#27 Alvizzei

Alvizzei

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted October 22 2014 - 12:40 AM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 21 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Of course players from any timezone can join. The ping would only be a problem if we test out the theory after the lesson, but for most intents and purposes you'll be fine.

Please do join us, but do keep timezones in mind. I'll include a link and a countdown for your convenience.

yisss thank you very much. :)
btw, is it required to use headset w/ working mic_

#28 Alvizzei

Alvizzei

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted October 22 2014 - 12:54 AM

darn, i didn't notice this week lesson is for Pred. i don't own one - yet :(

#29 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 22 2014 - 02:24 AM

View PostAlvizzei, on October 22 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

You do need to be on TS to follow the lesson, but you'll only need a working mic if you want to ask questions and have a conversation. It's waaaay easier and faster to use a mic than tying everything out.

View PostAlvizzei, on October 22 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

Well, you can still attend and ask any questions you have. We're going to record the training session, so when you do have a pred you'll be able to re-watch the lesson and get started.

Well, the thing about lessons are that they are pretty specialized, so not every lesson will attract everybody. If there is no teacher for november 1st it'll be general training again, maybe some map navigation and exploration.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 22 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#30 Alvizzei

Alvizzei

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted October 22 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 22 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

View PostAlvizzei, on October 22 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

You do need to be on TS to follow the lesson, but you'll only need a working mic if you want to ask questions and have a conversation. It's waaaay easier and faster to use a mic than tying everything out.

Well, you can still attend and ask any questions you have. We're going to record the training session, so when you do have a pred you'll be able to re-watch the lesson and get started.

Well, the thing about lessons are that they are pretty specialized, so not every lesson will attract everybody. If there is no teacher for november 1st it'll be general training again, maybe some map navigation and exploration.

great thanks. If my timezone converter is corret then, the time should be around my "wake time" 10PM in my country :P

#31 I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted October 22 2014 - 10:49 PM

I don't own a pred but still gonna at least listen in the background. I wanna know all your dirty secrets, predator. Knowing is half of the victory. He-he.
See ya in shadows, my friend.
You better shouldn't do !!Science!!, 'cos i will bring it to you myself.
References to the God of References.

#32 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted October 23 2014 - 11:35 AM

Ooh, yeah, gonna get some pred tips!
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#33 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 23 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostI2DI, on October 22 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

I don't own a pred but still gonna at least listen in the background. I wanna know all your dirty secrets, predator. Knowing is half of the victory. He-he.
See ya in shadows, my friend.

View Posteth0, on October 23 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Ooh, yeah, gonna get some pred tips!

Posted Image

This Saturday, we'll cover several topics:

Simple mind games (learn how players commonly move, then learning to abuse that knowledge), basic dueling tactics (if you say the Breacher is UP, you're doing it wrong!), and general familiarity with how the mech operates (becoming familiar with fuel regen, armor amounts, and DPS races).

If you don't have a Pred, I would advise you to get one. If you can't, that's fine, but you'll get the most out of the lesson if you have one.

I would also advise everyone to equip air compressor, advanced reconstructor, shields Mk. 2, and rep orb Mk. 2. Of course, that's not the only viable Predator loadout. It is, however, my personal favorite. At the very least, equip AC and at least one shield.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 23 2014 - 09:04 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#34 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted October 24 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 23 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Simple mind games (learn how players commonly move, then learning to abuse that knowledge), basic dueling tactics (if you say the Breacher is UP, you're doing it wrong!), and general familiarity with how the mech operates (becoming familiar with fuel regen, armor amounts, and DPS races).

I would also advise everyone to equip air compressor, advanced reconstructor, shields Mk. 2, and rep orb Mk. 2. Of course, that's not the only viable Predator loadout. It is, however, my personal favorite. At the very least, equip AC and at least one shield.

...so, why didn't you give me these tips when you were training me_ :lol: Instead, that session was reduced to us beating you up (Australia, for the win :ph34r:).

#35 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted October 24 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 24 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 23 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

...so, why didn't you give me these tips when you were training me_ :lol: Instead, that session was reduced to us beating you up (Australia, for the win :ph34r:).

That .. kind of got out of hand. I intended to teach you what I wrote down here, but .. um .. things happened.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#36 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 24 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 24 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

That .. kind of got out of hand. I intended to teach you what I wrote down here, but .. um .. things happened.

Could you by any chance mean... Ultra-Violent things_ cross-promo!

By any case, don't forget that Saturday is Training day, so tomorrow I expect the finest of young recruits to be there on the double!

There will be Predzels.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 24 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#37 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted October 24 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 24 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

There will be Predzels.

Predzels and cheese! So tasty!

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 24 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#38 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted October 24 2014 - 03:22 PM

Like getting rekt by the Australians_ :P

Well, I'll definitely check out the video once it comes out to see what I missed.

#39 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted October 24 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 24 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Like getting rekt by the Australians_ :P

Well, I'll definitely check out the video once it comes out to see what I missed.

Come back without your crony, then we can talk.

#40 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 25 2014 - 01:43 AM

Do we have a timer today for when it starts_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Community, Event, Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users