HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Friendlist Gone

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted October 25 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostVoyevoda, on October 25 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Nope, may have happened during one of my many breaks since this is the first I've seen this happen. However, that just goes to show it may not be the most stable system. Given the circumstances, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. And while I won't pretend to know what's going on behind the curtain right now, I find it disappointing that I can't even be sure it will be repaired.

I think it is a free hill top over there you can cry whatever death of HWk you seem to fit.

Edited by Bunnykillkill, October 25 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#22 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted October 25 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostVoyevoda, on October 25 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Yep, called it. The game's now falling into disrepair. The sad question is whether or not it will even be fixed at this point. At the rate we're going, I have my doubts.

Thank you.  I may now judge you.
Posted Image

#23 Voyevoda

Voyevoda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostBunnykillkill, on October 25 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I think it is a free hill top over there you can cry whatever death of HWk you seem to fit.

View PostCall_Me_Ishmael, on October 25 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Thank you.  I may now judge you.

Look I mean, we can all pretend as much as we want, but it won't change truth. I love this game to death, but Hawken's in trouble.

Posted Image

I've been here since I was invited in Alpha and I don't intend on going anywhere yet, but you'd be a fool if you think we have a significant amount of time left. I don't need to remind you guys how long it's been since we've even had a word from Adhesive. I'll happily eat my words when and if this gets taken care of, but the rest of my sentiment stands.

Posted Image
Breathe in all the air
Exhale and choke the land with carbon
From where I stand
I can see the curvature of the Earth
And I want to make it flat

#24 MrStig91

MrStig91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 02:35 PM

I really hope everything turns around. This is the game I've been looking for my entire life. Lol. Its just pure fun, and I'm actually good at it. I always fail at CoD.

#25 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 02:56 PM

What exactly are you trying to prove to a forum that in general is far more involved with this game than you are_ We see the same fuzzy bunny every single day. No matter how right or wrong you are, you are being entirely useless and damn annoying.
This is directed at voyevoda.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, October 25 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 05:34 PM

The last time we had a friends list  "issue" it was wipe for lack of a better term.

We asked if the data base was backed up. we were told yes. But "THEY" could only restore friends added after June. Sounded fishy then... Sounds fishy now.

Backups don't save new data only; they save all former data as well. Therefore all previous data should have been entact.

In my opinion {regardless of being right or wrong} it was an attempt at rebalancing the game.
By losing our "FRIENDS LIST" we were be forced to make new friends{and rebuild our friends list}.
Some old friends would be re-added but most were lost in the shuffle. People stopped playing so there was no point in re adding players that were not going to play anymore either.

It is possible this fuzzy bunny is going on again. It will only result in more of the same "shrinkage" if it is happening again.
Each time it has happened we were promised it wouldn't happen again. and each time it did happen players were upset and players left for other games.
I feel this time the damage will only further erode a dying game.

Adhesive is represented by a bandaid... If it pulls off something great it will be renewed as superglue. If it falters... A tombstone.

Please get it right this time. We need growth.

#27 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 25 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

The last time we had a friends list  "issue" it was wipe for lack of a better term.

We asked if the data base was backed up. we were told yes. But "THEY" could only restore friends added after June. Sounded fishy then... Sounds fishy now.

Backups don't save new data only; they save all former data as well. Therefore all previous data should have been entact.

In my opinion {regardless of being right or wrong} it was an attempt at rebalancing the game.
By losing our "FRIENDS LIST" we were be forced to make new friends{and rebuild our friends list}.
Some old friends would be re-added but most were lost in the shuffle. People stopped playing so there was no point in re adding players that were not going to play anymore either.

It is possible this fuzzy bunny is going on again. It will only result in more of the same "shrinkage" if it is happening again.
Each time it has happened we were promised it wouldn't happen again. and each time it did happen players were upset and players left for other games.
I feel this time the damage will only further erode a dying game.

Adhesive is represented by a bandaid... If it pulls off something great it will be renewed as superglue. If it falters... A tombstone.

Please get it right this time. We need growth.

Rofl what_ How does culling our friends list "rebalance" the game. I'm at a complete loss here.

#28 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted October 25 2014 - 11:35 PM

I can confirm at least on my end that adding new friends still doesn't make them appear on my list

#29 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 10:53 AM

Anything new on this_  My list was also gone as of yesterday afternoon and I, also, could not add new friends.

I miss my buddy Scrimbot :(

#30 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostStubbornPuppet, on October 27 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

I miss my buddy Scrimbot :(

fuzzy bunny that guy.
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#31 MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:44 AM

Scrimbot is a diva, he never joined when I invited him for a TDM.
Posted Image

#32 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'll be honest.  Tonight, without the friends list, every match I played felt more balanced than it ever has in the last 6 months.  When people can't group up in parties of 3... it just seems the autobalancer has been able to sort things out and spread the mmr around.  I'm totally willing to trade a friends list for this.

#33 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 08:08 PM

!mmr = the only reason I had a friends list...

#34 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 09:57 PM

srd = the only reason I had a friends list...

(I'm doing terrible, are these people better than me_ Oh they aren't_ Great...)

#35 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEurope - Spain - Republic of my House.

Posted October 28 2014 - 03:43 PM

Having the ingame's Friends List offline for too long becomes in a quite serious problem for the community as the game, imho.
  • You can not chat with your friends.
  • You can not arrange games with your friends neither.
  • You can not create parties to play.
  • You can not join games in progress.
  • You can not check pilot profiles.
  • You don't receive invites so often ((to say the least.....)).
  • You can not add ((new)) friends.
  • The abandoned factor from the devs & admins of the game unfortunatelly gets and looks like too alarming to the fan base.
----- Things you can do though --- By checking your recent players's tab ((list)) you can:
  • Checking profiles of those pilots you recently played.
  • Joining in the game they're playing.
  • *__ Inviting them to join in a party......
----

This is no good. This dedicated server ((*_)) and/or the related data base's integrity of the FL should be fixed up a.s.a.p.

!!!Please, do it..... for the sake of the game and its great community.....

p.s.

You also can get in a match and tell the server name by phone or whatever else to your friend in order to play the same match.

__anyone has received any answer for the support team on this issue, please. !!!Any news on this matter would be muuuuuuch appreciated here

Edited by PepeKenobi, October 28 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#36 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:26 AM

^Nobody is home to tell.

#37 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 08:28 AM

I was hoping that the friends list would be working by now, has it been 5 days now_  Hopefully that it is down because of them creating a leader-board.  One can hope right_  Someone was telling me that the recent played list is working, and that you can join from that list.  I have never tried it.  If that is true, once you get in a match with someone you can follow them.

#38 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:25 AM

Friend list still working fine as usual.

which means it was buggy/broken/unavailable/lost most of the time.

Edited by Opicron, October 29 2014 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image#94 it used to be

#39 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 AM

View Postzorin1, on October 29 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

I was hoping that the friends list would be working by now, has it been 5 days now_  Hopefully that it is down because of them creating a leader-board.  One can hope right_

Ashfire has already said that this is because something on the game's end broke.

Edited by DerMax, Yesterday, 09:13 AM.

#40 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEurope - Spain - Republic of my House.

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

for a while I've seen an undefined label text on the FL's button.

Hope this problem gets fixed a.s.a.p for the sake of the game & community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users