HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Fredator Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted October 25 2014 - 05:03 AM

So.

I made a video of me playing some HAWKEN, in my Fredator.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Edited by Miscellaneous, October 25 2014 - 05:04 AM.

Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 25 2014 - 05:48 AM

Not bad!

However, you seem to be pretty suicidal. You hop into the enemy group at a bad time, kill one or two, then leave heavily damaged/get destroyed when you try to prematurely rep.

I'd stick to the ground more, using rep orbs to boost your health. I'd also use shields or blockades, to provide a bit of cover while leaving an engagement.

Also, you should manually deactivate your cloak after running into an enemy group. It'll shut down when you get hit, true, but waiting for that might mean waiting five more seconds for your cloak to be out of cooldown. That sounds like a short time, but it isn't-- after all cooldown is only fifteen seconds.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 25 2014 - 05:50 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 25 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Not bad!

However, you seem to be pretty suicidal. You hop into the enemy group at a bad time, kill one or two, then leave heavily damaged/get destroyed when you try to prematurely rep.

I'd stick to the ground more, using rep orbs to boost your health. I'd also use shields or blockades, to provide a bit of cover while leaving an engagement.

Also, you should manually deactivate your cloak after running into an enemy group. It'll shut down when you get hit, true, but waiting for that might mean waiting five more seconds for your cloak to be out of cooldown. That sounds like a short time, but it isn't-- after all cooldown is only fifteen seconds.

Thanks for the tips!

The suicidal-ness comes from Meraple. :ph34r:
Spoiler

#4 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 25 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostMiscellaneous, on October 25 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Not bad!

Thanks for the tips!

Don't listen to Meraple, he's a scrublord.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#5 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted October 25 2014 - 07:21 AM

"High tier" seems to have different meanings in use and Eu. Well played though.
Posted Image

#6 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 09:01 AM

Not bad. You certainly were a benefit to your team that game. Do keep in mind that when you're looking through a wall at an enemy, and you try to mark them, the marker appears on the first thing in your line of sight, which is the wall. Doesn't wind up being all that useful, though I appreciate your continued usage of it.

You know reasonably well how to position yourself and when to attack, though the predator can turn a 4v4 into a wipe if you can read the battle and understand when it's appropriate to flank, whereas you seemed to prefer to engage head on. You don't always need cover to flank. Oftentimes the distraction of the enemy team is enough for you to walk right by them into position. This applies at literally all levels of play. I haven't met a single player that won't become "distracted" by the fight that they're currently engaged in.
Your style of play works pretty well that way with the way you go, but if your team is capable, you can often be a much bigger asset in TDM by pursuing enemies that are fleeing and repairing, and certainly setting up some flanking maneuvers.

Also, more mines. More mines. MORE. MINES. Yes, they do fantastic damage on direct hits, but damage is damage, and if someone is pursuing you, don't just set down one mine, walk backward and fire out a line. There was a point where a scout was around a corner and your teammate was about to go that way, so I think you tried to mark it, but you should have gotten a better angle and laid down some mines! That beginning stretch, where they began to deathball, there were five of them and only two or three of you, you wound up retreating, but you should've done your best to break up their advance by laying down some mines at the corner while retreating!

Anyway, keep playing. Your motions are a little choppy, but you do have a good sense of when to attack, which is critical. Good gameplay. As merl, rather rudely pointed out, it's not what I'd expect in high tier, but it's certainly on its way.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, October 25 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 10:29 AM

To clear up confusion, when I said "High-Tier" I was mainly talking about the people I was playing with rather than myself.

Spoiler

Edited by Miscellaneous, October 25 2014 - 10:33 AM.

Spoiler

#8 Merpeltje

Merpeltje

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted October 25 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 25 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostMiscellaneous, on October 25 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Not bad!

Thanks for the tips!

Don't listen to Meraple, he's a scrublord.

ayyy lmao

#9 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted October 25 2014 - 06:37 PM

To begin with,nice video mate,I abuse the stalker mode more,and trying to pick my fights more(maybe I am spoiled by the reconstructor),especially when they are distracted at shooting my team.All the tips u were given above are great,though I disagree with TwentyFirstPilot only on deactivating the stalker before every fight cause there are times when you can kill 1 or even 2 low armor distracted targets before their team realizes it and disappear in shadows :ph34r:,but ofc there are times where I deactivate it by myself too.I love seeing videos of pilots preding and using different playstyles,so keep up the good work and enjoy this great mech :)

Also about eu "high tiers",maybe you should visit some eu nights and enjoy some battles_Cause we are maybe few but we have some great pilots among us ;)

Edited by Odinous, October 25 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#10 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted October 25 2014 - 10:33 PM

Odinous, on October 25 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

To begin with,nice video mate,I abuse the stalker mode more,and trying to pick my fights more(maybe I am spoiled by the reconstructor),especially when they are distracted at shooting my team.All the tips u were given above are great,though I disagree with TwentyFirstPilot only on deactivating the stalker before every fight cause there are times when you can kill 1 or even 2 low armor distracted targets before their team realizes it and disappear in shadows :ph34r:,but ofc there are times where I deactivate it by myself too.I love seeing videos of pilots preding and using different playstyles,so keep up the good work and enjoy this great mech :)

Also about eu "high tiers",maybe you should visit some eu nights and enjoy some battles_Cause we are maybe few but we have some great pilots among us ;)
I'd love to play with you EU guys but my ping on your servers is over 200:/ Most of you refuse to play on USE with a ping of 140 but that's my normal ping living in Alaska:(
Posted Image

#11 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted October 26 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostMerl61, on October 25 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostOdinous, on October 25 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

I'd love to play with you EU guys but my ping on your servers is over 200:/ Most of you refuse to play on USE with a ping of 140 but that's my normal ping living in Alaska:(

More fatal than ping is the packet loss that makes weapons not fire and movement to be sluggish. The reason why it happens to EU players in USE is that the cables go over the Atlantic ocean. Works the other way round too (US players in EU servers).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users