HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unreal Tournament 2004

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 02:06 AM

With Toxikk coming out soon and Hawken in limbo I'm drawn to play some more UT2004.

Anyone interested_

Please feel free to add me on steam.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted October 26 2014 - 05:28 AM

Oh, if only it would not take hours and hours to copy all my mods and levels and things from my old computer to my new one, I would still be playing this game.

Have some relevant music!
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#3 Nvain

Nvain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 05:29 AM

That brings up great memories of 1v1 instagib matches in low gravity at lan parties at 3AM... Best UT ever released, imo! Haven't played in ages though.

#4 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 26 2014 - 06:04 AM

Omni plays UT2k4 weekly. If you want to play with us just shoot me a PM/steam message and I'll see if I can get you an IP and pass.

Edited by Leonhardt, October 26 2014 - 06:05 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 26 2014 - 10:13 AM

why even play toxikk (that name, smh) when UT2k3 and 2k4 work just fine_ this is an honest question. one's just got slightly more palatable graphics

Edited by Beefsweat, October 26 2014 - 10:14 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 26 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on October 26 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

why even play toxikk (that name, smh) when UT2k3 and 2k4 work just fine_ this is an honest question. one's just got slightly more palatable graphics

Well now way to be a Debbie downer. Toxikk has a completely different weapon set with no shock rifle, which tbh I am interested in playing since most of my time spent in UT2k4 has been with that weapon since it is so good when used properly (its OP, yeah there I said it... its blasphemy to say such things, but we all know it). Side note I am also looking forward to UT4 so I can have plenty of shock rifle fun there for free.

The movement model is very similar, but it is not exactly the same not to mention I am all for supporting an Indie studio that is willing to take a huge risk like this in order to revive the Arena Shooter market. Plus it just looks like a lot of fun.

So let me ask you a question. Why play UT2k3 or 2k4 when you could play Toxikk with more people, updated graphics, new maps, new weapons and all for $15_ I don't know about you, but that sounds like a great deal to me.

EDIT: Somehow I forgot to add a video. I ran out of the 80's so lets kick it old school and go back to the 70's!
Spoiler

Edited by Leonhardt, October 26 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted October 26 2014 - 01:04 PM

Full server + Moso Map + Moso Rifle = Great fun
I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

#8 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on October 26 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

To show developers that this genre is still marketable and you are interested_ Honestly that kind of "why play new when old is fine" line of thinking is a definite dagger in the back of the genre. Obviously there are a large multitude of reason why it's not so popular anymore, but that is one of them for sure. I haven't checked out the UT crowd in a very long time, and I imagine it's probly still pretty healthy_ But just imagine how it would be if there were a large surplus of new life blood. Don't you want to have huge tournaments like csgo or what ever poopy moba everyone plays_

#9 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted October 26 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on October 26 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

EDIT: Somehow I forgot to add a video. I ran out of the 80's so lets kick it old school and go back to the 70's!
Spoiler

DM-LogansRun_

Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#10 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 03:16 AM

I will likely be downloading it at some point this week.
Posted Image

#11 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 27 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostTeljaxx, on October 26 2014 - 11:32 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on October 26 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Spoiler

DM-LogansRun_

HAHAHA! Well played good sir!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users