HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I hate aimbots and wallhacks

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 alpha78

alpha78

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:29 AM

I've been playing since cb1.  I can usually tell right away when someone is cheating.  Lately, I've been using the pred to watch them.  Just now I saw a player that I always just thought was a good player track me through walls right to me.  To be clear, i was a pred, cloaked and walking.  Not laying mines and I had just spawned a bit before.  My "mission" was simply to see if this player was using at minimum a wall hack.

So tell me how an assault mech tracks a pred through walls.  He fired as soon as he turned the corner.  I was stationary against a wall watching.  

I'm noticing it a lot more now that the devs are "away".  Seems like everyday there's one or two people running around using hax.  What I'm a little surprised at is the number of people using it on mechs other than snipers.  This assault user is just one in a string of many I've seen recently using sustained fire mechs and obviously wall hax.  

Again, I've been around long enough to know when something isn't right.  I'm also noticing that things get laggy/buggy when there's someone using this stuff.

Honestly, I'm going to be done now for a while again.  To me, this just ruins it.  Some lame arse who can't play the game without a cheat has to ruin things for everyone.  If you use this stuff, I hope you sleep well at night knowing what kind of a pathetic looser you are that you have to resort to cheating to win at a form of entertainment.

gl/hf

#2 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:32 AM

radar scanner maybe_

p.s. i hate hax  too

Edited by shosca, October 27 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:45 AM

Y U H8 HAX_

HAX MEK U UIN

Posted Image

#4 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:46 AM

Radar does spot preds that are cloaked.  It only pops up on the radar for a few seconds and disappears so you have to watch it all the time.  Most of the time, I use radar around the AA to find out where the preds are hiding, mostly in missile when you are trying to cap a silo but it won't cap.  Radar will tell you about where the person is hiding.  Not sure about it being that accurate around a corner and up against the wall.  But don't weird if they just shot a TOW and it his the pred.  Most of the time, I shot my MC to see if I can make the pred come out of the cloak.

#5 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted October 27 2014 - 12:36 PM

Don't get cheating. Not nearly as fun as using your skill to outfight / outwit someone.

Not to sound like a lame-ass PSA, but you're really just fuzzy bunny yourself by cheating, not to mention ruining the game for the other people playing.

Bad, bad Mojo.
Posted Image

#6 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted October 27 2014 - 01:10 PM

if you are walking near that  enemy , he can hear your  foot step ....and in complete cloaked you are still visible ......so stop walking :P yes radar can spot your position .if you through a scramble a  skill player will get more attention to find you ...so better hide fore-ever and dont move  :D

Edit : sorry for bad english

Edited by RozerMahbub_, October 27 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#7 alpha78

alpha78

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted October 27 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I've been around long enough to know all the tricks.  When you see an assault looking at you through walls in a pred, that's not radar etc.  Something else i noticed was he was tracking me at another point and I think realized it would've been too obvious if he came down to where I was.  I was standing still and he was pointed at me through the floor/walls and stopped and turned to come down to me and then I think thought better of it and turned and went a different direction.

This was all after I noticed he was a little too accurate w/ the ar.  The thing is, I was infil at first and i move a lot.  A LOT.  So I know what a normally good player w/ an ar hits like.  Then there's the constant dead center in the hitbox without missing a shot while the target (me) is dodging and moving all over the place.  So when you put the insane accuracy along w/ the seeing through walls, it becomes pretty clear.  

Also, (thanks to the herokuapp) I know that this player was lvl 24 and only had 3 mechs in the garage.  This is a pretty standard trend.

I've played with and against a lot of the names here.  I played in HAB and like I said, since CB1.  So I know what a good player can do and I know what an aimbot/wallhax can do.  

Why even question it at this point_  We all know it's out there.  We've probably all seen it.  I'm not questioning whether this user was using it, I know he was using it.  I'm saying I hate it.  

Just posting here to rant.

#8 Intrepidor

Intrepidor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 03:37 PM

I agree with the OP. I too like to go pred and watch other players and it is very obvious when hackers are tracking through walls. It has nothing to do with spotting a clocked pred or radar scanners. You can even watch them track other mechs whom arn't boosting/dodging/firing. I consistently see them firing at a corner when another/my mech is simply walking up to that corner. It's one thing to fire at a mech who just popped around that corner but to fire before the come around is clearly hacking.

#9 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted October 27 2014 - 06:17 PM

Intrepidor, on October 27 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's one thing to fire at a mech who just popped around that corner but to fire before the come around is clearly hacking.

No it isn't.  

Most of the time, players move in predictable patterns.  It is very possible to pay attention to your radar or spot someone walking and then predict when they should be rounding a corner.  Especially after you play a lot and have kind of internalized walk speeds.

You want to smack them with a tow before they have a chance to pop out from the corner and nail you.

Edited by _incitatus, October 27 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#10 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted October 27 2014 - 06:27 PM

Preds always like to hide and hit you in the back while your busy...  

I get accused of this when I'm trying to hunt preds with my special alien v pred scanner scout in dm.  

I stop and turn to where a ping goes off on my radar if there are obstructions preventing my getting shot and align my mech with their position in order to hear with my stereo headphones in which direction they are moving and then move to engage on my terms since I've momentarily negated their advantage and determined the approximate location of my prey.

#11 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted October 27 2014 - 06:29 PM

I guess it kinda seems like I'm looking at you, but really I'm just listening for you.

Maybe that's what you are witnessing. I do it a lot, not just when I have a scanner, but that telltale ping does it every time.

#12 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted October 27 2014 - 06:36 PM

A good headset is just as important as a good monitor. Especially while hunting predators or anyone trying to stay off the radar.

Is there any video of this "cheater"_
it's always been wankershim

#13 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 12:43 AM

View PostRozerMahbub_, on October 27 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

if you are walking near that  enemy , he can hear your  foot step ....and in complete cloaked you are still visible ......so stop walking :P

This is something a lot of players don't seem to realize. Mech footsteps are LOUD. Wearing headphones makes it very easy to center crosshairs on a player behind a wall horizontally by just looking around till the footstep loudness is about equal in both ears. You can also center vertically if you know the map layout well.

One player has apparently made it their life's mission to tell everyone in the game that I'm wall hacking or radar hacking because I'm "perfectly" tracking players through walls without using a scanner. I'm guessing they don't use headphones since they don't seem to know how easy it is to "track" players through walls by sound.

And as _incitatus said, players tend to move predictably. Spend a while in the game and where players are going to move becomes instinctual. Players who have played long enough (doesn't even have to be in Hawken) will have a good idea of what you will probably do based on the situation and common scenarios. In other words, they could know where you're going without you even knowing it. I used to think some players were wall hacking before I started doing the same tricks they would do to me.

That said, I hate aimbots, too. If I see someone using one I try to record it if possible. Wallhacks are more difficult to catch because of the above.

#14 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted October 28 2014 - 01:34 AM

It is possible to hear that faint noise when you turn your mech just as you would steps. If you stop and listen without turning, you will hear things that you couldn't hear before. Most would assume an enemy wouldn't boost into unknown territory, since that would give their exact location away instantly, unless if they have some back-up. Regardless, sound in HAWKEN can truly favor the right person if used correctly.

That being said, I've witnessed a few aimbotters locking onto my direct line of sight, no matter how I moved behind the wall. One even had an instant lock on feature, that caused him to do an instantaneous 180 degree turn towards my exact location, as a predator, behind a wall. Even the built-in 180 degree turn cannot do so instantaneously.

Regardless, without solid evidence, I am skeptical about the validity of OP's claims. Anyone can seem like they're cheating to others if they are good enough, which also depends on the knowledge that individual has about this game. At the same time, HAWKEN cheaters have been rising ever since the dev's went MIA. I've submitted a report with evidence to HAWKEN support about 3 months ago for a player abusing map exploits; a month or so later, the player is still able to play HAWKEN, and to this day, I have not even received a reply.

The developers implemented a manual/automatic hybrid anti-cheat system quite a while ago. Unfortunately, most of the action and reports are handled on a case by case basis, before handing out an automatic ban based on server data. In essence, the only way someone may be banned, is through manual action by an authorized developer. Since no developer has been in site, and apparently HAWKEN support is also dead, well, now you see_

For reflection, what does that tell you about the state the developers are in_ If they aren't even able to keep people on site for HAWKEN support—which is the only way to discuss about possible cheating incidents, and the current anti-cheat system heavily relies on it—then what does that translate to real-world meaning_
Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#15 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 28 2014 - 01:55 AM

From what I remember from our tests, steps become completely silent two dodges away (or a little bit more than that). You can't hear them from far away, no matter what headset you have.

#16 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted October 28 2014 - 02:27 AM

View PostDerMax, on October 28 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

From what I remember from our tests, steps become completely silent two dodges away (or a little bit more than that). You can't hear them from far away, no matter what headset you have.

Which class dodges_ A-classes dodge 24m, B-classes 20m and C-classes 16m.

#17 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 02:43 AM

I rarely, if ever use headphones. I can still hear the torso on a mech turning. You don't need to be walking. You don't need to be anything except looking around. The only way I can't hear you is if you are perfectly still. And you can bet I'm going to fire before seeing you if you're not.
Posted Image

#18 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostDraigun, on October 28 2014 - 01:34 AM, said:

Most would assume an enemy wouldn't boost into unknown territory, since that would give their exact location away instantly

To that note, I think some players get accustomed to seeing other players boost into each engagement, so if you don't show up on radar, you're obviously hacking.

I've had some players accuse me of hacks when I'd appear behind them "suddenly" without showing up on radar. I don't think they realize it took me like a minute to walk my fat C-class ass around the map to flank them.

#19 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 28 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostKopra, on October 28 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

Which class dodges_ A-classes dodge 24m, B-classes 20m and C-classes 16m.

A

#20 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 28 2014 - 04:48 AM

There are programs for sound cards out there to pull that noise from quite some distance and make it even more clear. Such as the higher end sound blaster cards. They actually added a program to enhance the sound of steps and things like that for gamers to give them an edge.

I find it half cheating in my mind, but sound card companies had to do something to stay relevant it would seem. Since on board sound cards have really done a good job for quite some time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users