HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Importance of awareness and backing up your team.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 08:03 AM

Look this is more for new people but I have seen some vets here ingnore this rule as well.
Be aware of radar of teamates and enemys.  There are so many here that just ingnore radar or teammates taking fire and just rambo it.   Here are some ressons you should  be aware.

1  Never feed a death ball ... stop blindly running into 3 or more enemys please.

2  Every mech in this game benefits from positional defence.  For the love of god. If you see somone on radar comeing around a conner. ( take cover)

4  If you see a teamate taking dammage you can be sure the other guy is taking dammage too. A soft target is a easy target. Go kill them. Do not let them kill and run and repair.

5  A team that assists and supports each other wins. Team lonewolf will always die more and loose.

6  Radar is not the only way to locate the enemy. Most weapons are trackable meaning you can see were they are comming from. Use this as a indicater where to focus fire when in doubt.

7  Stay in a loose formation. Loose not on top of each other.  There are really only a couple of mechs that benefit from solo work. pred, ss are the ones that come to mind.

8  Stop walking in front of people shooting You are just causing them to dammage themselves, and acutely working against your team. If a teamate is pred genadeier incinerator or like walk around Them do not boost into there line of sight .

9  Stop boosting it keeps you off radar. Boost when you need  to get away or to reposition around that coner. Boosting is really a defencive move, use it as such. A well placed boost can spell death if you ninja it.

I am not saying you have to adopt a full support model. All I am saying backup your team. Second pick your targets wisely.  Choose who and when to strike. Always flank if possable.

Lastly if you are lucky enough to get a good tech coperate with them ... aka do not run from them when you are almost dead. Or expect them to be your liferaft It is your job to doge reasonably. Second note if a tech goes red beam focus fire in their target. Especially when they use redox. Techs need back up more than any oneelse in game. Help them help you .

Give a cloaked pred  or infi some space they do not  want you fallowing them  giving away their position or taking indirect fire because somone is shoting you.

I am sure there is more to add but I'll leave that to you guys.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 29 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 29 2014 - 08:05 AM

YUP!

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 08:08 AM

From a newish player these are words of wisdom :).  Good to see semi_ newer players understanding this.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#4 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:17 AM

Also, to add: Do not heal together. Two mechs right next to each other healing is asking for a double kill. One person heals, the other guards and then you hopefully switch.

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 29 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

Stay in a loose formation. Loose not on top of each other.  There are really only a couple of mechs that benefit from solo work. pred, ss are the ones that com to mind.

Oh my god no. Please do not get more people thinking that an Sharpshooter can get away with staying away from their team. They are slow, and have a literal fuzzing target painted on their chassis that may as well say "kill this dumb motherhumper" if they are separated from their team. Keep up with your team, don't spend the entire time scoped in and don't play lone wolf.

Preds as well benefit from being "satellites" of their team. By all means work your ninja magic, but ffs have an escape route and stay close to your team. The pred is absurdly fragile for a B-class. You get caught out by someone with a scanner or eyes, and you're dead.

#5 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:21 AM

I hope each and every player read this, and think about this in-game.

It it pretty easy to go lonewolf/kamikaze on a bad fight though. I find myself doing this too easily. So another point should be: "try to avoid being demoralized, other team is focussed at demoralizing the enemy team!".

Edited by Opicron, October 29 2014 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image#94 it used to be

#6 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 29 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Also, to add: Do not heal together. Two mechs right next to each other healing is asking for a double kill. One person heals, the other guards and then you hopefully switch.

Stay in a loose formation. Loose not on top of each other.  There are really only a couple of mechs that benefit from solo work. pred, ss are the ones that com to mind.

Oh my god no. Please do not get more people thinking that an Sharpshooter can get away with staying away from their team. They are slow, and have a literal fuzzing target painted on their chassis that may as well say "kill this dumb motherhumper" if they are separated from their team. Keep up with your team, don't spend the entire time scoped in and don't play lone wolf.

Preds as well benefit from being "satellites" of their team. By all means work your ninja magic, but ffs have an escape route and stay close to your team. The pred is absurdly fragile for a B-class. You get caught out by someone with a scanner or eyes, and you're dead.

I play pred alot more than any other mech so I do satilite the group but with both pred and ss if you are not shooting then repositioning freaquently  you wil be ineffective and a target. Just my oppinion.On ss emp will help buy some time just a  thought .

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 29 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 29 2014 - 12:12 PM

SS is a backstreet boy--behind the lines, as in HIS lines.  you can snipe, but have a little friendship near.
if you run SS, learn to be a hiccupping spastic with the scope. no more than 2 quick shots then get out of the scope, check your radar and visual. and crucial: learn to "pop scope" in midrange or CQC. especially if you (somehow) get flanked by a fatty. the extra Ooomph from the scoped shot becomes essential. i highly recommend running Slugger SS.
if you're outnumbered, don't hit the "OMFG come and help me!" key. you hit it if you see a cluster of juicy targets, not after a cluster starts making you a juicy target. wait for reinforcement before attacking! what are you doing out alone to start with_
search the forums here, many fairly definitive SS tutorial, and YT vids.
enjoy! :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 12:44 PM

I'll admit that I often find it hard to keep formation with the rest of my team.  It's dependent on the team, of course.  Some people just don't work well together as their personalities and preferred tactics simply aren't compatible... and it all goes to hell from there.  The worst is how these conflicting personalities will spend the whole match blaming everyone else, except themselves, for the failure of the TEAM.

Heck, the thing I'm probably most guilty of is not paying as much attention to my teammates health bars as I should.  On objective based game modes, I will get in a huge hurry to get to the AA or Silo to back up what appears to be 3 or 4 teammates... but just as I arrive, all of those players are killed off and it's me against 5 enemies.  That's just a no-win situation and too late to fix.  So, I'll generally, if I notice in time (and have time to react) attempt to zoom right past them and get as many of them to turn their backs on the offensive line and come after me.  With any luck, there are fresh teammates on their way to the objective at that point and they might have a chance to get in and establish themselves if I've got the enemy distracted and facing the wrong way.

#9 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted October 29 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostOpicron, on October 29 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

It it pretty easy to go lonewolf/kamikaze on a bad fight though. I find myself doing this too easily. So another point should be: "try to avoid being demoralized, other team is focussed at demoralizing the enemy team!".

Tbh when your team's getting steamrolled, there's not much you can do other than trying to give tips like sticking.

9  Stop boosting it keeps you off radar. Boost when you need  to get away or to reposition around that coner. Boosting is really a defencive move, use it as such. A well placed boost can spell death if you ninja it.

Every mech has different ranges for detecting something that boosts.
If you just stop boosting before max range you're fine.

Posted Image

#10 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 AM

yup that works both ways with the boost. nothing like chasing down a radar blip, only to find it is sitting smack in the middle of the entire enemy team...and your team's deathball is now a cute scattering of glowing yellow juice balls.
:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#11 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 AM

If the whole team goes in berserk rambo mode one by one it is sometimes possible to overcome the deathball as each kamikaze pusher softens them up a bit more hopefully :ph34r:

Only use this tactic when there's no hope to win!

#12 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 AM

Do not heal togeather added Thank you amidatelion.

#13 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 AM

My favorite thing in Hawken is KOK blocking the enemy: you have a retreating teammate who is on fire being ruthlessly pursued.  You allow him to pass and physically block the opponent and alpha that jerk into a smoking pile of desbris.  You turn to see your teammate safely repairing behind cover.  Satisfaction level expert.

Another thing.  VOIP has been working pretty well.  It's good to call out your heals so the team doesn't try a push until full strength.
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#14 WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 AM

#8 - just b/c you like your teammates doesn't mean you should hug a friendly gren
b/c they will eat their own nades
no bueno

save fuel for the fight

#15 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:08 PM

reliable viop ..... ok  in game does  viop talk to everyone or just your team have not reaally used it. So I am not sure .  

What does KOK STAND FOR_ I will add it to the list. Another variation on this is with pred or infi , turning a coner and almost ded cloke and have a Identical pred or infi be around conner the with full health. I have seen the reactions to this and the confusion is pricless.

Edited by Source_Mystic, Yesterday, 04:10 PM.

#16 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 30 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

What does KOK STAND FOR_ I will add it to the list.

Posted Image

#17 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Not sure if this has been posted:

If your team can't (insert reason) stay together, try and stay w/the largest grp.

Even a team of three is better than 'no' team.
Posted Image

#18 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 30 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

reliable viop ..... ok  in game does  viop talk to everyone or just your team have not reaally used it. So I am not sure .  

What does KOK STAND FOR_ I will add it to the list. Another variation on this is with pred or infi , turning a coner and almost ded cloke and have a Identical pred or infi be around conner the with full health. I have seen the reactions to this and the confusion is pricless.

I was trying not to get the fuzzy bunny substitute for a well-know phrase of its phonetic.  LOL!  And voip works only to your team during the match but after the match, while you are waiting for the next round it goes out to everyone.  Beats typing!

Edited by driedjello, Yesterday, 06:47 PM.

Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#19 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Woah Woah Woah, buddy its all right here.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#20 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted Today, 09:58 AM

Related to sticking with your team, but for newer players who don't quite have the hang of things yet, don't run off alone to explore or test your weapons. Even if you aren't contributing to your teams kill count, you dont want to be feeding the other team free kills. Stick by your team and provide suppressive fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users