HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

YouTube 60fps - rant

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted Today, 11:41 AM

I'm a little pissed off and this is the reason why.  I have uploaded a bunch of Hakwen videos over the past couple of days.  It seems that YouTube now allows 60fps videos.  In the past they would convert a 60fps to a 30fps and process it so everyone could watch.  What they have done now is just keep the 60fps and if you are not using the Chrome browser then you can't watch it.  This really ticks me off.

Oh well guess that I will have to adjust my recording software (shadowplay) to only record at 30fps.

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted Today, 11:48 AM

You can watch 60 FPS videos in browsers other than Chrome. Just make sure to use Youtube's HTML5 player, which Chrome does by default.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#3 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted Today, 11:54 AM

Why is this in General Discussion_

#4 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Wat_ Ok I don't get what you're upset about. Watching the videos at any resolution below 720p will still show them at 30fps. Also watching in the flash player, or what ever other players aren't htlm5, still allows you to watch 30 fps at any resolution. I don't get it, everyone can watch everything still.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users