HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

5760 x 1080 resolution issues

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gunhe4d

gunhe4d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:54 PM

I am using an nVidia 6700 card that supports three monitors connected in "surround mode" which effectively makes all three monitors one large display with a resolution of 5760 x 1080.  I tried to set my resolution to this setting in Hawken and met a few errors.

1. the cursor was limited to one quarter of one of my screens preventing me from being able to select any of the menu options.  When the settings timed out and reverted back to the default settings, the cursor was still limited to only part of the upper left hand area of the screen.  like there was an invisible wall blocking the cursor from part of the screen.

2. when the game was in 5760 x 1080 resolution mode, aside from the cursor not functioning properly, the display scale was not correct, as if it was scaled way larger than the screen area.  I didn't get into an actual game to see how it looked because the mouse issues prevented me from being able to click on start game.

I was able to get everything working as intended after changing to a much lower resolution setting, and then setting it to the 1920 x 1080 setting for one monitor.

#2 Therris

Therris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:00 PM

this, we need Surround support!

#3 Recovery13

Recovery13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 05:54 PM

Even in game the scale is not correct. (With regards to the Surround.)

Even custom resolutions result in the same problem of essentially, the camera in the cockpit feeling like its pressed right up against the glass.

#4 TurboniumX

TurboniumX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 05:57 PM

+1 -- would love proper surround support

#5 TJ

TJ

Former Lead Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationHAWKEN HQ

Posted November 05 2012 - 07:47 PM

Works on my machine (690 three monitors portrait). Not sure what you mean by scale_ FOV_ You definitely want to up the FOV in surround to the max we allow.

Screenshots would be great.
email me if you need some dev love <3 | Poor performance_ Send me specs, I try fix for you!!

#6 Coot

Coot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted November 05 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostTJ, on November 05 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Works on my machine (690 three monitors portrait). Not sure what you mean by scale_ FOV_ You definitely want to up the FOV in surround to the max we allow.

Any chance of the FoV slider being increased further at some point_

#7 Littletron

Littletron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 04:38 PM

I run a ATI HD7970 and i have similar issues. Had non with the menu systems aprt from everything is spaced out from the left screen and other menu on teh right screen. but more importantly is I can not see any of my characters stats such as health and ammo etc only one huge crosshair in the center screen  FOV set to max as well.

#8 Littletron

Littletron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:01 PM

http://imageshack.us...32shipping.jpg/

#9 CommaKiller

CommaKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:46 AM

Have the same issues on ATI HD7970 Resolution 5040 x 1050.

It would be really nice if the menus, chat messages, HUD, ect. Remained in the same positions on the center monitor that they do when playing on a single monitor at 1680 x 1050. This would keep everything nice and visible, and prevent any text or buttons from getting split accross 2 monitors.

The left and right monitors should really just add extra vision of the game world and cockpit in my opinion.

I do think that Hawken is really well suited for multiple monitors, because it really adds to the feeling of piloting a mech.

Thank you, to all the creators of this game. You have done a wonderful job so far. The game looks and feels great :)

#10 Mogui

Mogui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostTJ, on November 05 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

My screens look like the ones posted by Littletron in post#8. Your screens being in portrait mode is what makes the difference. You end up w/ a much tighter hor to vert ratio instead of ending up w/ a 16:3 or such which is messing up the scaling tremendously. If you were to put those 3 monitors in landscape you would notice a huge difference.

I personally run 7680x1440 and i too would LOVE to run this game at full res. It would be simply amazing and so immersive! Thank you for coming into this discussion TJ, at least we know someone over at Meteor is running Surround/Eyefinity! :)

Edited by Mogui, November 09 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#11 OrbitaLinx

OrbitaLinx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOrange County, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:33 AM

Yes I posted these issues in beta 1. My driver is still broken from an attempt to play this game surround... Waiting for driver update to solve the problem so I can use surround again...

Edited by OrbitaLinx, November 09 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#12 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well, I don't have a problem with my 7 monitors that I have connected to my machine but if I only set it to work with 3 it doesn't work.  LOL!  My monitor works fine and I'm sure there is a work around from within my OS that will run this just fine in any configuration.  LOL!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users