HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone Else Expiencing Audio Popping__

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicFirefly

CosmicFirefly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:22 PM

My husband and I are both playing the beta, on PCs that can easily handle all the settings at their highest... we have great fps and are LOVING this game!!!

Yet both of us are experiencing major audio popping, in both our speakers plugged in (analog) to the back of our pc's, and also in our headphones that are plugged in USB in the front of our pc's.  This is really jarring the experience of the game, as it's quite frequent.

Anyone else have this issue, and possibly anyone been able to fix it_

All help, suggestions, ideas, etc... welcome!

Thanks. =)

Edited by CosmicFirefly, October 26 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#2 CosmicFirefly

CosmicFirefly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:24 PM

No one else_ :(

#3 Ruzarik

Ruzarik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:38 PM

I've been experiencing it, but so many noises are going on at once I'm having a hard time being able to tell what's what and if it's supposed to sound like that...

#4 CosmicChameleon

CosmicChameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:51 PM

No... It's most definitely an audio issue... I've been playing with all sorts of video/audio settings... not been able to distinguish what may be causing it. :angry:

#5 CaptainJiggs

CaptainJiggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 09:06 PM

i have been getting this as well no audio at all just loud bumps

#6 CosmicChameleon

CosmicChameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 09:29 PM

We have audio... it just causes the speakers and headphones to pop a bit, here and there.  It's not game breaking, but it's annoying!

#7 Gigant

Gigant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted October 26 2012 - 09:47 PM

I am having the same issue. I checked to see if it was on my end (process of elimination) and yes it is definitely the game. I get the "popping" sound while i'm in the "pre-game" garage. Then when I deploy, no sound at all.
It was worth it at the time.

#8 funsize

funsize

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:04 PM

I had an issue where I had weird static as soon as I spawned in.  On the next spawn, audio was back to normal.

#9 LaMort13

LaMort13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:21 PM

I think it's all mic "bleed" coming from other players.  I've noticed that the "mute" option doesn't work yet, so anyone who has set their "press to speak" toggle off is constantly broadcasting their keyboard (at best.)

#10 EmFire

EmFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:21 PM

Yes. Experiencing audio popping on occasion. Severity: 2. Not sure what causes this.

#11 CosmicChameleon

CosmicChameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:22 PM

Weird... It's static-like popping that I am hearing... tried all video/audio settings... nothing fixed it... believe it's a game issue.

#12 CosmicChameleon

CosmicChameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:22 PM

And mine isn't being caused by other peoples' mics. That I'm sure of.

#13 Falanin

Falanin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:28 PM

I am having audio popping as well.

I also lose ingame sound effects (except for the noise when you deposit energy in seige games) when I get the popping noise.

Not sure if these are related, but hey.

#14 CosmicChameleon

CosmicChameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:29 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it's related.

Edited by CosmicChameleon, October 26 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#15 b00jum

b00jum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostGigant, on October 26 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

I am having the same issue. I checked to see if it was on my end (process of elimination) and yes it is definitely the game. I get the "popping" sound while i'm in the "pre-game" garage. Then when I deploy, no sound at all.
Appear to be having this exact issue after ending one round and starting another.

#16 HugeProblem

HugeProblem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:52 PM

Are you guys using onboard or a PCI audio_ I've got an ASUS Xonar DG and I'm getting the noise through my headphones I thought I just needed to boost the amp more.

#17 CosmicChameleon

CosmicChameleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:58 PM

Onboard... i have a Sabertooth z77... hear the popping (in game), in both headphones (usb) and speakers (analog)

#18 FifthSin

FifthSin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:00 PM

:P Sup ppl, Just stoped by to Say that I lose Audio SOMETIMES when i'm in game, and as soon as i exit that game to the main menu Audio comes back. Weird stuff..

#19 Titzilla

Titzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBehind Cover

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:04 PM

Some people seem to just have a popping sound, but there's a more severe issue that other people have (myself included) where the entire audio dies when in an actual match. This is a large issue because sound is a major factor in staying aware, especially in fast paced games. It seems to me that once it "pops" and breaks in a single match, all following matches will have no sound unless you restart the client.

This needs to be fixed quickly, as it would become a huge handicap for anyone whose sound happens to break.
Posted Image

#20 Isidore

Isidore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yeah, I've experienced this as well. (Onboard audio on a Gigabyte motherboard.) Could it have something to do with new sounds exceeding the maximum number of audio layers and abruptly taking priority over sounds that are still playing_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users