HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Increase in game currency gain

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Robsbot

Robsbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:33 PM

After testing in two Siege games I can say that money gain is WAY too slow. I understand you guys want to get people to purchase things in the cash shop, but you have visual upgrades to ensure people who want to give money to the game can.

In an aprox. 30 minute game I gained 82 currency. In an aprox. 45 minute game I gained 120. I was high up on the charts both games. In the first game I gained 5 credits in 3rd on the scoreboard for my team. On the second game I gained 3 credits for second on the scoreboard for my team.

This means you gain 2 and 2/3 credits per minute of play. To unlock a mech (9200) and unlock an item and internal in each slot (1550 x 6) it would take aprox. 115 HOURS of gameplay to max a single mech.

WHAT. THE. FUZZY BUNNIES.

That is INSANE. To unlock the 6 mechs you guys currently have that would take 690 HOURS. I've never played a single game for 690 HOURS. And that is if you don't buy anything that you later want to change. I'd say it should take no more than 10-15 hours to unlock both the mech and everything for it. 15-20 would be about right for every internal and item for the mech although I'd rather have the items and internals be more expensive (like 3x more expensive than they currently are) and be universal unlocks. Same with paint jobs.

I also am level 1 with my rocketeer after about 3 hours or more of gameplay and it is the mech I play 90% of the time. You should reasonably be able to gain a level per hour, hour and a half. 12-18 hours doesn't seem unreasonable to be able to unlock all the perks on a mech.

With it taking about 15-20 hours to unlock absolutely everything for a mech it would still take long enough for people to want to pay real world money (120 hours to unlock everything in the current game, and I expect you guys will keep adding mechs) but progress quickly enough that it's not a completely absurd amount of time just to max out a mech. Seriously, 115 hours for ONE mech is nonsense.

#2 Dij114

Dij114

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:51 PM

I also agree with this. Pay4Win is no fun for the people who don't have the money. Leveling should also be faster, or maybe on a curve_ Grinding has never been fun and never will be.

#3 EmFire

EmFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:52 PM

I agree with the Topic Title, but I disagree with being able to unlock and max a mech in only 15 hours.

#4 Wonderbread

Wonderbread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:14 PM

we are talking about this in this forum http://community.pla...te/page__st__20
just so we don't make them read to many of the same topics :D

#5 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:30 PM

Normally I scream and tell people to learn patience: Time is money... Grind it out or pay for it.

However, I did a little math on this and feel it is still a bit low:

Average per-game Hawken Points: 58XP
Cost for new Mech: 9200XP or 1030 Meteor
Cost for new items: 1550XP x 3 = 4650 or 525 Meteor
Cost for new internals: 1550XP x 3 = 4650 or 525 Meteor
TOTAL COST FOR MECH: 18,500XP or 2080 Meteor

MATH:
Buy Mech with Hawken XP @ 9200/58 = 158 GAMES!
Buy Mech AND upgrades with Hawken XP @ 18,500/58 = 320 GAMES!

Seems like it's a bit too long to "level up" into ONE new mech. I think a reduction of 20% is needed to prevent people from leaving due to grinding issues.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#6 Wonderbread

Wonderbread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:34 AM

all i have to say is look at WoT and battlenet you have to grind about the same amount with some of the tire 6+ tanks and allot of ppl do it some with rl money and other with just time. it all on how you play and how Quit you get board with the game me I play games were nothing real changes but ones a month of playing and play them for years just becues the game play fun and the items are not that big and the fact i can use cash to get a new mech if i want to speed up work the real that is going to be how much $ = how many Meteor point  will you get.

#7 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:35 AM

View Postc0mad0r, on October 26 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Normally I scream and tell people to learn patience: Time is money... Grind it out or pay for it.

MATH:

Seems like it's a bit too long to "level up" into ONE new mech. I think a reduction of 20% is needed to prevent people from leaving due to grinding issues.

I agree.
Posted Image

#8 Puru

Puru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGrove Street, Los Santos, San Andreas

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:40 AM

View Postc0mad0r, on October 26 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

MATH:

This is staggering. Considering the "Pay with Fake money OR real money" is a system used by, say, RiotGames/Tencent, look at how popular they are. It might do some good to bring the prices to be closer to theirs. Since average HAwken rounds are about half the length of a League round (Which also happens to have cheaper champions and you really don't need to upgrade everything), it might actually be better to either A: double the amount of currency you can (But not Experience), or B: lower the cost of the Mechs.

It's absurd right now.
Shamelessly stealing everything not bolted down

#9 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:49 AM

You'll be glad to know that we also agree  :D

What a lot of these beta tests are for is gathering data and stress testing absolutely everything.  We want our open beta to be as awesome is can be, so we really appreciate you guys helping us out with this.

I can't go into detail, but overall you can expect quite a number of changes to EVERYTHING in the game, including the way leveling your mechs and how gaining HP (Hawken Points) works.
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#10 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostSaunders, on October 27 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

You'll be glad to know that we also agree  :D

What a lot of these beta tests are for is gathering data and stress testing absolutely everything.  We want our open beta to be as awesome is can be, so we really appreciate you guys helping us out with this.

I can't go into detail, but overall you can expect quite a number of changes to EVERYTHING in the game, including the way leveling your mechs and how gaining HP (Hawken Points) works.

as long as my mech level doesn't reset at random times I'm fine
Posted Image

#11 Robsbot

Robsbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 04:23 PM

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I just crunched the numbers a bit and was blown away by my progress time. I figured it was something you guys were going to use the beta to tweak, but I figured I'd give you feedback just in case. Thanks again!

#12 Mezion

Mezion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:29 AM

100% agree. Looking at the shop, I think the prices should be reversed.

however I found this thread, there the poster puts forward the concept of item/chassis/weapon purchase with installation fees. This should allow for lowered mech and item costs, and allowing experimentation e.g. if you are able to move your turret to your other mech with a small install fee, instead of buying two - unless you want two.

Besides, every mech has to gain a ton of xp to get anywhere, regardless of such options

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users