HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

If you hate Siege Titan map...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 WALSRU

WALSRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:22 AM

My only complaint is that the AA tower is much too easy to defend. Very narrow and hiding behind the AA missile makes you almost invulnerable while you hold the point. Needs to be wider and have more points of entry.

Same goes for Sahara.

#22 Lazoraz

Lazoraz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:13 AM

I hated the map at first, but after playing on it a lot, I grew to like it. Ambushing and holding the high ground is basically necessary, and I love it.
Ctrl-F-U

#23 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:16 AM

What the map needs is just to make it easier to jump up onto that center platform. As it is now, you tend to jump and then just get stuck in limbo or something for a few seconds.
Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#24 Lazoraz

Lazoraz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostWALSRU, on October 30 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

My only complaint is that the AA tower is much too easy to defend. Very narrow and hiding behind the AA missile makes you almost invulnerable while you hold the point. Needs to be wider and have more points of entry.

Same goes for Sahara.

You're right that the AA on Titan is nearly impossible to wrench control from another team. But I disagree with Sahara, that map's AA has plenty of room around it, and if your team knows what they are doing, you can push them off of it.
Ctrl-F-U

#25 WALSRU

WALSRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:24 AM

I should rephrase that. Sahara is harder to hold in general but still relatively easy because of the difficulty of boosting onto the platform.

#26 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:31 AM

I like using the secondary overpass thing that runs at an angle underneath the AA platform to flank and ambush the enemy team.
Also, it is great to use it as an escape platform, because most people don't know exactly where it is, or just simply ignore it, so will fall all the way down if they chase you. =D
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#27 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:15 AM

I certainly don't hate the map. It just needs some work.

+1 to people saying the AA is too easy to defend. Boosting should not be the only way to get up there. I don't think the jump pads count as an alternative much either.

#28 Glothrenite

Glothrenite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSt Kilda, Australia

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:59 PM

I think Titan is by Far the best map currently available .. and Titan Siege is straight up fuzzy bunny!

Despite the jump pads needing a bit of attention, I have come to understand the failings in each one and even to enjoy the quirks they have.

<3 Titan
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users