HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Server Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hey everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for the lack of available servers and difficulty connecting to matches.  The team at Meteor is working VERY hard to alleviate these problems and get this process working smoothly in the future.  It's a big undertaking for us, and the team is trying its best to make your experience a good one.

I'd like to reiterate that this weekend is just phase 1 in a wave of closed beta sessions throughout the next month.  One purpose of this first closed beta is stress-testing our servers, breaking things and then working out the kinks so it doesn't happen again (to ensure Open Beta on 12/12/12 is as smooth as possible).  

Please hang in there and if you do have trouble getting your Hawken fix this weekend, rest assured that there will be more new and improved rounds of Beta in the following weeks.  Thank you all for your patience!

#2 valheru76

valheru76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:39 AM

will the current crop of testers who have been given beta keys be given more when the issues are fixed_

#3 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:43 AM

yay :D
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#4 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the post Deuy! It's a bit painful every time I get a connection fail when the server (EU/UK servers, the only ones I can join) is not even full. I understand this is a beta though, and the game is pretty neat so far. I've already posted it on my UI improvement thread in the beta suggestion category, but you should put filters in the server list box (the usual: maps/game mode/players/latency) because it is a bit hard to actually "pick up" a server when you have to scroll through them... and there are not a lot of them!

In any case, keep up the good work! I'm really impatient to get my hands on a "finaler" version of the game :)

#5 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostDeuy, on October 27 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

there will be more new and improved rounds of Beta in the following weeks.

:wub:
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#6 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Postvalheru76, on October 27 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

will the current crop of testers who have been given beta keys be given more when the issues are fixed_

All the closed beta waves should fall under one "CB" umbrella.  If you're in, you're in :)

View PostTh4nis, on October 27 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Thanks for the post Deuy! It's a bit painful every time I get a connection fail when the server (EU/UK servers, the only ones I can join) is not even full. I understand this is a beta though, and the game is pretty neat so far. I've already posted it on my UI improvement thread in the beta suggestion category, but you should put filters in the server list box (the usual: maps/game mode/players/latency) because it is a bit hard to actually "pick up" a server when you have to scroll through them... and there are not a lot of them!

In any case, keep up the good work! I'm really impatient to get my hands on a "finaler" version of the game :)

Thanks for understanding :D

#7 Marvyra

Marvyra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the update! I did get to play at least a few matches and I had fun doing so. I'm all good. ^^

#8 RogueDK

RogueDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:56 AM

Well it's beta, weekend 1, and you post comments about what we gripe about. So cant really complain... Yet. ;)

I for one would like to see servers running for more than just a weekend at a time. I've been on loads of beta tests and there always seem to be a problem with the Weekend Marathon sessions. When too many people try to login all at once the servers choke and no one gets to have any fun.

Anyway I'm sure you guys are on it and hopefully we can soon start griping about the actual gameplay instead of the servers.
(We are beta testers - It's our job to gripe. :P )

#9 Leb990

Leb990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:57 AM

@Rogue: they want to have the sorta weekend marathon chokes... it's about seeing how much abuse the server can take and how they can improve upon it

#10 Suika

Suika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:05 PM

i still could not manage to play it i hope i can get some gameplay

#11 Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLas vegas,NV

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:06 PM

Ya keep up the good work,the game is freakin phenomenal
GAMING RIG SPECS:
Intel Core i5-760 2.8Ghz quad core
Patriot i5 Viper II 1600Mhz 8GB
EVGA P55 mobo
ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
1TB HARD-DRIVE
windows 7 64BIT

#12 Qwet

Qwet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationmesa AZ

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:10 PM

ah well just the way the cookie crumbles hope the issue is fixed soon but meh.

#13 Oxxi

Oxxi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:13 PM

Is all of the servers sitting at 0 ping a result of this problem_

#14 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:15 PM

If you want a test then spawn another hundred servers and see what happens......
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#15 WeirdViking

WeirdViking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:46 PM

I can't get in a single game... but I understand it's still closed Beta at the moment so I will be patient. I played the alpha and was left wanting more. Hope this gets fixed soon!

#16 Lazurkri

Lazurkri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well, nice to know the issues are being fixed, seeing as how I have not managed to play a single game thus far. Oh well.

#17 Kinsman

Kinsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 02:10 PM

As an Aussie GSP with some experience running beta servers I'd be more than happy to help out providing a server downunder if that helps.

#18 Da5id1an

Da5id1an

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:12 PM

i was in the alpha 2 and the game loads up just fine but i cant connect to any servers
are there any fixes for this yet_

#19 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:34 PM

Servers are back up and after the patch it should be a lot easier to get into matches!

View PostDa5id1an, on October 27 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

i was in the alpha 2 and the game loads up just fine but i cant connect to any servers
are there any fixes for this yet_

Did you uninstall the Alpha and then download the new Beta client_  Servers should be up and running now.

#20 IRONSIGHTS

IRONSIGHTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:55 PM

How do we get the patch_ Still haven't been able to find a server yet. Looking forward to the bugs getting worked out after playing the Alpha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users