HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I need to say this:

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 AmericanWolf

AmericanWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:26 AM

LordofNosgoth  After viewing your YouTube Video I think you made your points about the issues with the Turrets and spawning.  Although, I do think the every everyone is spawning behind each other it may tend to balance the score out overall.  Because I have yet to materialize behind anybody after spawning (but have had a couple get me from behind) I agree that it annoying.
Posted Image

#22 Jin_Saotome

Jin_Saotome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:05 AM

Initially I had confusion in regards to the situation that OP mentions about the abilities but then saw that you can toggle between them with the mouse scroll.  Turrets are a bit OP in regards to health, I tested one today and managed to get several kills, they should get a bit less HP.

#23 --STYX--

--STYX--

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Location[DATA EXPUNGED]

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on October 27 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

8) I cannot ever seem to switch between the selected weapons/abilities. They're supposed to be tied to the 1, 2,and 3 keys; yet this seems not to work. Sad Day.
look closer. yes, these buttons are supposed to select them, but as for me, they LAUNCH them instead of select. so they DO actually work, just not as intended by the player

"Power without purpose is meaningless and worthless. A purpose that is firm can change the impossible to the possible"

#24 BloodyEyes

BloodyEyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostCosmicChameleon, on October 27 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh, and as for the spawning... I've not had any issues with it.

I have had issues with spawning although they seem limited to the Free for all Death match game mode.

#25 blackdeth1

blackdeth1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:08 PM

one thing i would like to mention is that after each time u die how about sending the player back into battle instead of the mech selection if they r using the same mech in battle if the want to change mech allow for and option to go and change mech. basice like have two button selection in the death scene for the player to select from to pick a another mech or respawn back into battle.

#26 Feydaikin

Feydaikin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postblackdeth1, on October 28 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

one thing i would like to mention is that after each time u die how about sending the player back into battle instead of the mech selection if they r using the same mech in battle if the want to change mech allow for and option to go and change mech. basice like have two button selection in the death scene for the player to select from to pick a another mech or respawn back into battle.

I have to agree here. Maybe set it up like Tribes Ascend. Unless you open the menu, you auto-respawn in 3 seconds.

#27 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:27 PM

While I can understand your frustrations with certain game mechanics and especially turrets it seems, you must know that these are things you pick up over time playing new games.
Eventually you will get to the point where you realise how it is; A turret is at best a warning for you that there is a high chance for an enemy to be nearby (even if its an enemy turret) and at worst it is not much more than an annoyance.
They cannot move, you however can. Use this to your advantage!
Pop round the corner, blast a sabot round, launch a rocket or grenade, and then duck back behind cover while your big gun reloads. The next time you do this, it is dead. Plain and simple, assuming you can shoot straight...
If there is someone else there, and you know where that turret is, just go for them and be mindful to stay out of sight of the turret. If they were the ones that dropped it, it self destructs on their death. It is wise to assume that the turret isn't theirs, just so you don't roll forwards thinking everything is all clear.

Also, judging a game based on its DM mode, when it is only one of four gamemodes each of which are otherwise team based, is a bit daft really.
I tried DM a few times in Alpha and quickly came to the conclusion-- as with most games --that DM is one of those gamemodes that games usually cannot do well with unless they are specifically focused on and designed around it.

As a final note: Items and deployables should never be relied on. Use them yes, but do not base your whole strategy and playstyle around them.
It helped one of my friends that tried Beta to think of them as your own personal killstreak rewards that you can deploy whenever you want. As you should know; There are good times to use a particular item, and there are bad times. Figuring them out is part of the fun and process of getting better at the game.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users