HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Favored Mech Builds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:42 AM

My current favorite at the moment would have to be a variant of the Infiltrator that I refer to as the Assassin. An A-Class mech that runs an Assault Rifle primary, Heat Cannon alternate, and Grenade Launcher secondary, with a special Camouflage compliment, the infiltrator has a high damage and mobility potential that when exercised behind enemy lines can prove to be disorienting and damaging to your enemies.

Primary Weapon Selection: Heat Cannon

Item Kit:
Offensive Item -- H.E. Charge
Defensive Item -- Repair Charge
Functional Item -- EMP

Offensive Internal -- Special Weapon Loader (-0.5s secondary reload)
Defensive Internal -- Repair Kit (30 hp/sec increased repair rate)
Functional Internal -- Thrusters (2.2 m/s increased forward boost speed)

Optimizations:
Offense -- 0 Points
Defense -- 8 Points
-3/3 Decrease Repair Startup Time (-.45s)
-2/2 Increase Dodge Speed (+3 m/s)
-3/3 Increase Repair Rate (+15 hp/s)
Movement -- 17 Points
-3/3 Increase Walk Speed (+1.5 m/s)
-3/3 Increase Accelleration Rate (-.5s)
-3/3 Increase Thruster Regen Rate (+.15 r/s)
-3/3 Increase Boost Forward Speed (+ 1.98 m/s)
-2/2 Increase Max Thruster Energy (+1.5)
-1/1 Reduced Dodge Cooldown (-.25s)
-1/1 Decrease Radar Signature Distance (-12m)
-1/1 Increase Walk/Run/Boost speed (2 m/s)

Stacked Bonuses:
+45 hp/s armor regen
+6.18 m/s boost speed
+3.5 m/s Walk/Run speed

Breakdown -- First I'll start off by saying that high mobility is crucial for any mech, A-Classes in particular due to having the lowest base health in the game. I run a heat cannon because of how easy it is to manage your weapon heat when rapidly deploying grenades and charged heat salvos, granting far and away increased combat persistence and greater potential damage over time due to not having to intentionally slow down shots due to high heat generation. H.E. Grenades as a compliment to the secondary create a high burst potential versus unaware foes (an ideal situation for the infiltrator) or for deploying a chain hazardous to follow grenades in your getaway route in the event things get hairy and you need to take advantage of that +6.18 m/s increased boost speed. Running the repair charge internal allows you to set up a high capacity repair torch that you can use to bait foes that are suspecting a heavily weakened target around a corner, or to increase your already VERY rapid heal regeneration speeds. I use EMP mainly to disable a foe that may have found that I had snuck up on them before deploying H.E. charges or to hinder a foe that may be successively landing shots despite the mech's high mobility.

Weaknesses -- Dealing with foes at long range and open terrain. A smart sharpshooter or sniper (if they bring it back) user can make very, very quick work of your mech if they've caught you at range. Counter this by attempting to navigate to your desired destination by utilizing built-in camouflage or erratic cover-to-cover travel paths.

Strengths -- Able to unleash considerable damage in simultaneous salvo dispensing. Due to the heat cannon not having a stable or constant sound signature--unlike the main primary for this loadout, the assault rifle--and being able to be charged up without being revealed on radar, it can be difficult for enemies to pinpoint your location without first consulting the radar to ascertain your location, at which point you've already put a considerable amount of hurt on them.

Final notes: At a distance this build SCREAMS boost in, engage, boost out-- and this is a viable tactic for some--but the key point to remember is that this build is more about arriving at your location undetected; walking/running is slower, but doesn't reveal your location on the radar. Being able to slip in behind your enemy, or from a lateral flank can give you a crucial advantage over your foes in a TDM or Siege, and walking up to a 1v1 or group fight in DM engaging multiple foes with simultaneous grenade salvos allow you to quickly gain the upper hand in what may have been a fair fight.

Please feel free to critique or use this build as your own!

Attached File  ScreenShot00010.bmp   2.55MB   28 downloads

Edited by Kyrzon, October 28 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#2 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:59 AM

For CB1_

Assault: Vulcan / TOW / Coolant
Detonator / Repair Charge / Radar Scrambler
Primary Weapon Loader / Repair Kit / Thrusters
0 / 10 / 15: +75/45 HP, +10/24 Radar Distance, Repair Rate, Speed.

I expect this Assault build is very similar to what the rest of the veteran pilots are using on it.

Edited by FenixStryk, October 28 2012 - 02:59 AM.

It was fun while it lasted.

#3 Jagdwyre

Jagdwyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostFenixStryk, on October 28 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

For CB1_

Assault: Vulcan / TOW / Coolant
Do you mean Assault Rifle_ None of the available mechs in this beta build currently have the Point-D Vulcan.

#4 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:56 AM

Berserker

Items:
Offensive - HE grenade
Defensive - Repair charge
Functional - EMP

Internals:
Offensive - Armor Piercing
Defensive - Reinforced armor
Functional - E.U. Canisters

Optimizations:
Offensive:
Inc. weapon damage 3/3
Inc. Primary weapon firerate 3/3
Weapon heat reduction 3/3
Inc. special weapon firerate 3/3
Dec. overheat recover time 2/2
Defensive:
Inc. dodge speed 2/2
Movement:
Inc. walk speed 3/3
Inc. energy unit capacity 2/2

Relies heavily on dodging and speed. Good at medium to short range ideal when used somewhere between, total piece of fuzzy bunny against snipers. Those damn snipers. Can take on 1-2 opponents at a time if more: fire EMP & run. Repair charge is to be used when low health and opponent is chasing you or to heal teammates.

#5 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostJagdwyre, on October 28 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Do you mean Assault Rifle_ None of the available mechs in this beta build currently have the Point-D Vulcan.
The Assault can purchase a Point-D Vulcan as an Alternate Primary for 3750 Hawken Points once it reaches level 20* (*or some other prerequisite).

It was fun while it lasted.

#6 Jagdwyre

Jagdwyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostFenixStryk, on October 28 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

The Assault can purchase a Point-D Vulcan as an Alternate Primary for 3750 Hawken Points once it reaches level 20* (*or some other prerequisite).
Really, that's pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.

#7 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:00 AM

Holy buzzy funny, I didn't know you could purchase a tertiary primary weapon. Infil is the EOC Repeater_ Ewwww.

#8 MrSpaceCat

MrSpaceCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:24 AM

'Zerker
Offensive Utility: Deployable Turret
Defensive Utility:Health charge
Passive Utilities: Secondary weapon loader for quicker rocket fire, armor that helps reduce bullet damage that I can't really evade, and a boost to thruster speed

Submachine Gun and TOW Launcher

Skillls so far: +2 faster primary weapon fire, +1 acceleration and +1 25 extra energy for dodging and speed boosts

I like to run from battle to battle and help teammates clean up. and use the turret for support.  I also like to place the turret in a sneaky spot and then roam around nearby looking for opponents. The turret can provide support fire and if things look grim I can retreat back to where I left it to use my health charge and return to battle quickly.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There has to be some basis in logic, otherwise I should be able to pilot a fluffy pink elephant around that killed people with rainbow farts.

#9 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:56 AM

Just as a heads up MrSpaceCat, the extra energy in movement is for the siege game type in does not actually grant your Mech extra energy for your jets!

#10 BombaUcigasa

BombaUcigasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostKyrzon, on October 28 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Just as a heads up MrSpaceCat, the extra energy in movement is for the siege game type in does not actually grant your Mech extra energy for your jets!
Took me like 30 seconds to stare at it, but I figured it's for energy storage only. It's kinda appealing, why would they put it there, you can hardly change it after you join a specific game mode.

#11 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostKyrzon, on October 28 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Holy buzzy funny, I didn't know you could purchase a tertiary primary weapon. Infil is the EOC Repeater_ Ewwww.
Where are you seeing this_  I can't seem to find anything on it.
Chicks dig giant robots.

#12 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:57 AM

And this is the part where I start loudly disagreeing with the new progression system
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#13 TheMadness

TheMadness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:23 AM

I run a Zerker with MG Turret/Hologram/Radar Scrambler. My favored strategy when I'm not just running around is to set up shop in a portion of the map. The hologram acts as a bait, and once I reel someone in the turret and I tear them to shreds. Also helps as a handy fallback point when things go south.
My love for you is like a truck
BERSERKER

#14 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostBeemann, on October 28 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

And this is the part where I start loudly disagreeing with the new progression system
I still can't see anything talking about new weapon unlocks at higher levels.  :  I must be blind.
Chicks dig giant robots.

#15 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:55 PM

I didn't see anything anywhere; my infiltrator is 20 so I have the option to purchase it.

#16 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:46 PM

Could not agree more haha.
Posted Image

#17 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostZeshi, on October 28 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Could not agree more haha.
EOC Feels out of place in comparison to the other weapons; unless you're caught off guard, it's seemingly very easy to dodge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users