HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege Mode Spawn Camping on Titan

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:42 PM

Due to the layout of the map Titan (each base entrance has a huge structure directly in front of it) it is very easy to spawn camp an enemy team. I just left a game where my team (very much new players) were just stomped on by more experienced players.

By the end of the game, we could not leave our spawn without taking heavy fire.

Unless Hawken is not going to be new player friendly as far as map layout and spawn protection is concerned, I foresee man new players quitting the game or at least stop playing siege mode due to this.

I honestly don't know what to do about this issue but its definitely one that needs to be addressed.
Posted Image

#2 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:16 PM

I've mentioned this happening in a couple other threads. It's really annoying when I can't take a few steps out of my own base without coming under heavy fire or killed outright by sharpshooter groups. I mean come on, this is Hawken, not Battlefield 3.

Edited by Beefsweat, October 28 2012 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on October 28 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

this is Hawken, not Battlefield 3.

indeed
Posted Image

#4 Anoka

Anoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:56 PM

This was brought up a lot in the alpha phases... Lots of good suggestions I thought, but Spawn campers will always do it if that's the kind of player that they are.  Active spawn defenses, multiple routes out, and some sort of "you don't get points for killing a guy in this zone" thing would all help the situation I think.

Edited by Anoka, October 28 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image
Mech mechanic!

#5 Dam187

Dam187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationpa (usa)

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:09 PM

If you outfitted your mech expecting such a disaster would it really matter if they spawn camped_ I mean the whole point of such games is to dominate your opponent even to the point of (dare I say it) making them rage quit_

#6 Anoka

Anoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostDam187, on October 28 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

If you outfitted your mech expecting such a disaster would it really matter if they spawn camped_ I mean the whole point of such games is to dominate your opponent even to the point of (dare I say it) making them rage quit_
If more people play this like you are describing, The list of people who stay short after they join the game will be very short.  That is a terribly unsportsman like thing to try and do... spawn camp so the other team quits_

Posted Image
Mech mechanic!

#7 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostDam187, on October 28 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

So you're sticking up for spawn camping_ Is "dominating your opponent even to the point of quitting" really the point of the game_ I thought the point of games was to have fun at the base level. Is making some quit out of sheer anger fun for them_ Probably not. The tactic of eliminating a threat before it has a chance to become a threat is a viable tactic indeed, but spawn camping is very different.

Edited by Beefsweat, October 28 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Greenfox21

Greenfox21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hessen

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:42 PM

i HATE SPAWN CAMPING.

Okaz i camp alwazs as sniper.
BUT i am on the move from one spot to the other. Pcik up uncareful people here and there and surpress enemz snipers.

Okaz i onlz plazed missle mode..duo not being able to get into siege mode.

But there i felt that spawn camping isn|t an issue.
More of an issue is the high variety of wazs out of spawn and to the points.. heck i got diyyz one time from checking half for enemzs.. cause thez weren|t comming out. And then they flushed out.. Heck that was fun.

And onlz to name one Sniper i had fun with @Monkey@, zou know what i mean.
We fought against each other in a sniper shot out. And some fuzzy bunny of zour team interfered.. which i killed quicklz. Then we fought out again. heck at the end zou got me 2 times. And i got you one time. Didn|t do much. Onlz getting blocked and blocking xD.

sorrz for y. MZ kezboard changed.. settings again..
Love is like an Exotherme Reaction. As soon as it started, it will grow infintly.
Till it used up all the matter which let it react all that time~
Just be careful, how much of that matter you burn up for each second of your love.
You don't want to burn yourself on Love~

#9 p4g3m4s7r

p4g3m4s7r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on October 28 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

I've mentioned this happening in a couple other threads. It's really annoying when I can't take a few steps out of my own base without coming under heavy fire or killed outright by sharpshooter groups. I mean come on, this is Hawken, not Battlefield 3.

This is Hawken, not Halo/Blood Gulch :)

#10 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:35 PM

While generally, im not in favor of spawn camping, its actually kind of necessary for siege mode. If you don't, a smart team will be able to easily blow up the battle ship even if they haven't controlled the AA at all.
Posted Image

#11 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostZeshi, on October 28 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

While generally, im not in favor of spawn camping, its actually kind of necessary for siege mode. If you don't, a smart team will be able to easily blow up the battle ship even if they haven't controlled the AA at all.

I see your point, but even when no battleship is in the air for either team_
Posted Image

#12 AC273

AC273

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:51 PM

I always thought the bases should have some active defenses.   Maybe set them  back futher from the map geometry and give them active machine gun and missile turrets.   It is realistic and makes sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users