HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Get rid of triangle shapes on shield bubble...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dr_Manuscript

Dr_Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:27 PM

Get rid of the triangles...it's pointless and looks too much like a pattern from an 80's trapper-keeper folder.

Just my opinion, but I think it looks pretty ugly.

#2 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:08 PM

I quite like them. But perhaps make it more transparent_ Unless it's part of the feature (visual downgrade to give a armour upgrade_).

#3 AC273

AC273

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:08 PM

Now we are just getitng picky.   This is still a beta after all.   if you remember the alpha, the graphics have come a LONG way in a short time.

#4 Dr_Manuscript

Dr_Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:30 PM

Picky or not...if not during beta, then when should I mention it_ After the game is released_ Seems to make more sense to mention it now rather than later. Some people might like it, others, like myself, think it looks bad. I think the game looks great otherwise. The overall designs and looks of the game are great.

How about replacing the current triangles with a geodesic dome effect_

Again, this is my opinion, and I don't think I'm being very picky...just saying what immediately came to my mind when I saw it during alpha.

#5 EmuRage

EmuRage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostAC273, on October 29 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Now we are just getitng picky.   This is still a beta after all.   if you remember the alpha, the graphics have come a LONG way in a short time.
No one remembers the Alpha. The NDA wiped my memory of every detail except that I took part in it. :)

#6 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostDr_Manuscript, on October 29 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Get rid of the triangles...it's pointless and looks too much like a pattern from an 80's trapper-keeper folder.

Just my opinion, but I think it looks pretty ugly.

SILENCE! they are my secret spells!

Posted Image
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#7 catsuit

catsuit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:44 PM

I would agree with this suggestion.  It is one of the few things that sticks out as not fitting with the rest of the style.  The triangles do look strangely hand drawn/sketchy.  Something more that looks more geometric like a geodesic dome would be much better.

#8 AC273

AC273

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostDr_Manuscript, on October 29 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Picky or not...if not during beta, then when should I mention it_ After the game is released_ Seems to make more sense to mention it now rather than later. Some people might like it, others, like myself, think it looks bad. I think the game looks great otherwise. The overall designs and looks of the game are great.

How about replacing the current triangles with a geodesic dome effect_

Again, this is my opinion, and I don't think I'm being very picky...just saying what immediately came to my mind when I saw it during alpha.

I honestly would have saved this item for a Beta 2 or 3 (depending on how many more sessions they plan).   Right now I would concentrate on mechanics and game modes.  The more important aspects of the game rather than a small graphics detail which pretty much boils down to personal preference.   Maybe someone actually likes triangles___  

(Don't get my wrong, i don't think it fits either, but there are bigger fish to fry at this stage.)

#9 Karboxyd

Karboxyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm fine with how they are for the time being.

#10 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 29 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostAC273, on October 29 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I honestly would have saved this item for a Beta 2 or 3 (depending on how many more sessions they plan).   Right now I would concentrate on mechanics and game modes.  The more important aspects of the game rather than a small graphics detail which pretty much boils down to personal preference.   Maybe someone actually likes triangles___  

(Don't get my wrong, i don't think it fits either, but there are bigger fish to fry at this stage.)

It's not like they should be fixing all the big problems first and after that focus on the smaller ones. Thou can do both at the same time :D aka fixing problems as they come up.

#11 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 30 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostRotaken, on October 29 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

It's not like they should be fixing all the big problems first and after that focus on the smaller ones. Thou can do both at the same time :D aka fixing problems as they come up.

That is gratuitously labour intensive and for such a small team that simply would never work. Frankly, the dev's have been doing a sterling job so far with everything that has been resolved as of late.

Anyway, back to triangles. They look fine to me. I think its a nice touch on top of a generic particle effect. If there is a large proportion of people unhappy with it tho, I guess they should do something about it.

Edited by Subdivision, October 30 2012 - 01:23 AM.

Posted Image

#12 White_Comet

White_Comet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 01:51 AM

I agree with the OP,

Old and busted: Triangle projections
New and hot: Octagonal projections

#13 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostSubdivision, on October 30 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

That is gratuitously labour intensive and for such a small team that simply would never work. Frankly, the dev's have been doing a sterling job so far with everything that has been resolved as of late.

Anyway, back to triangles. They look fine to me. I think its a nice touch on top of a generic particle effect. If there is a large proportion of people unhappy with it tho, I guess they should do something about it.

Agreed. I see I didn't think it trough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users