HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

idle kick adjustment

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 madeskimo

madeskimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted October 29 2012 - 04:40 PM

Playing sharpshooter and sitting in good spot zooming in and out  to look around is not enough to break the idle player auto kick. Player that is not watching the message screen will get auto kicked because the spot they are in didn't have to move for while. Almost lost these scores cause caught  auto kick in time.

I lost points in previous matches due to auto kick cause the spot I found I didn't have to move and being ranged support. I was getting auto kicked just cause I didn't have to move. The auto kick needs to recognize other  inputs from player, not just moving  side to side or forward or backward movement.

#2 Puru

Puru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGrove Street, Los Santos, San Andreas

Posted October 29 2012 - 05:35 PM

You already made a thread on this. The auto-kick really just makes sense. If you can sit in one spot, you're probably doing something wrong.
Shamelessly stealing everything not bolted down

#3 Garuda

Garuda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSailing the Seven Seas with my trusty Beluga Whale steed

Posted October 29 2012 - 05:40 PM

Auto-Kick when there is no input for [X Amount of Time]

I "3rd" this decision.
Posted Image

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:23 PM

It sounds like the anti-idling functions handily as an anti-camping measure as well.

If you're a sharpshooter and you sit in exactly one position for five minutes, you should rightfully have your mech pumped full of holes.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 madeskimo

madeskimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sharpshooter  role is ranged support and fighting close quarter battles with slow rate fire weapon up close is fast death, all the rushers going  CQb some maps is is possible to sit and support and get kills with out moving cause the rushers take the attention away from you.

#6 kootset

kootset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:27 AM

View Postmadeskimo, on October 30 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Sharpshooter  role is ranged support and fighting close quarter battles with slow rate fire weapon up close is fast death, all the rushers going  CQb some maps is is possible to sit and support and get kills with out moving cause the rushers take the attention away from you.

Theres difference between support and camping.

#7 Maltitol

Maltitol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostElix, on October 29 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

It sounds like the anti-idling functions handily as an anti-camping measure as well.

If you're a sharpshooter and you sit in exactly one position for five minutes, you should rightfully have your mech pumped full of holes.

Whats the difference between sitting in exactly one position and moving forward and backward an inch or two. Where do you draw the line between camping and playing_

Kicking a player if they don't move more than 10 meters after 5 minutes would be ridiculous.... Maybe I get shot a lot and have to repair constantly...

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostMaltitol, on October 30 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Kicking a player if they don't move more than 10 meters after 5 minutes would be ridiculous.... Maybe I get shot a lot and have to repair constantly...
Then you clearly need a better spot, or to move more frequently when sniping. And if you repair damage without moving further than you can spit for five minutes without dying, the other team is seriously trolling you. Or they're absolutely horrible at Hawken.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#9 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:53 AM

View Postmadeskimo, on October 30 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Not completely true. I've been in a match where people have been absolutely dominating using the Slug rifle with the sharpy because it deals lots of damage. Also the HEAT cannon is a slow fire weapon, and its even slower when you're charging it. But if you keep ducking in and out of cover while firing, you can do quite well in CQ situations
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users