HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ingame garage needed.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ant_Monster

Ant_Monster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:05 AM

Just before you click to respawn into the game. Players should have the  option to change their Offensive, Defensive, and Functional Items. There's been many times were I would go ingame, and later learn exactly what I need, but I have to wait until the game is over. By leaving the server for a simple garage visit,  there's a strong possibility of the server being full when I return.

-Ingame garage suggested.

So far, it's a good game.

#2 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:12 AM

Seconded, without a way to change at least your consumables, you would have to have multiple of the same mech if you didn't want to leave the match.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#3 Ant_Monster

Ant_Monster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thank you sir.

#4 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:56 PM

I agree, would like to have the option to adjust those items as "optional items" before starting the match. What I use for one map may not be the same as the another.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#5 Ant_Monster

Ant_Monster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:00 PM

Exactly lol! It would be so convenient.

#6 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:10 PM

Also, depending on your team comp and your opponents', allowing changing of your internals and switching to a "pre-set saved tech tree specialization' wouldn't be a bad idea either (while being dead or before launch). This way, if you encounter a team full of snipers, you may opt for the reduction in bullet damage internal/forward thrusters. Or, if you find that you have different tech tree specs for your C-mech and need to fill a certain role (tank build vs dmg build) based on your team comp, switching your spec can help you more adapt to the situation.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#7 BuffMyRadius

BuffMyRadius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:16 AM

I actually kinda like that the mechs are static once the game starts. It would really annoy me if pilots that played the game a massive amount had a specific "tune" for every map and situation. Just like in a real war, you don't know what you're getting into until it happens, so you equip for everything as well as you can and after that its up to the pilot. If you show up to the battlefield with a point d turret, but you could really use a detonator_ Well, that's too bad, its back at HQ. Better bring it next time!
AMD 4130 BE @ 4.0 Ghz, ASRock Extreme3 970, 4x2GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport, Gigabyte r9 270x OC, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Case

#8 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostCulex, on October 30 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Also, depending on your team comp and your opponents', allowing changing of your internals and switching to a "pre-set saved tech tree specialization' wouldn't be a bad idea either (while being dead or before launch). This way, if you encounter a team full of snipers, you may opt for the reduction in bullet damage internal/forward thrusters. Or, if you find that you have different tech tree specs for your C-mech and need to fill a certain role (tank build vs dmg build) based on your team comp, switching your spec can help you more adapt to the situation.

View PostBuffMyRadius, on October 31 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

I actually kinda like that the mechs are static once the game starts. It would really annoy me if pilots that played the game a massive amount had a specific "tune" for every map and situation. Just like in a real war, you don't know what you're getting into until it happens, so you equip for everything as well as you can and after that its up to the pilot. If you show up to the battlefield with a point d turret, but you could really use a detonator_ Well, that's too bad, its back at HQ. Better bring it next time!

I do like the idea of having "loadouts" but I think customising the loadouts should be restricted to the out of game garage. The reason I'm saying this is because it does take a bit of time to customise (and purchase, if need be) any optimisations, etc. Personally, I've configured my infiltrator to a setup that works for me and I haven't needed to tweek it (minus wanting more optimisations :D)

But one thing I would like to see is the mech stats updating at the end of round instead of having to leave a server and waiting for it to sync your account before you see your benefits. It'll make it much easier to see how much you've gotta level up whilst waiting to spawn, etc
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#9 Korriban87

Korriban87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:43 AM

I agree with the OP, at least a garage every match would be nice.
Playing on alley with granades is good but in sahara i prefer a missle turret and i don't feel like logging off the server.

#10 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 09:55 AM

I see the good reasons for not having access to a full garage in here. Optimizations I think should be an out of match choice as well as internals.

I don't see why we can't switch consumables though. Sometimes I want a repair charge and sometimes I want a shield.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users