HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Laggy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Baidizzle

Baidizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:39 AM

i am getting A LOT of lag. Lowered all settings still lags. Also how can you check your ping_

#2 hide_me

hide_me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:10 AM

Yeah, me too. Ping 200+ for all players. Is that normal_ I've checked my own ping to router and to couple of servers. it was 4-10ms.
28.10 and 29.10 everything was normal ( has ingame ping ~40ms).

#3 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:19 AM

I seem to, over time, always have lag build up.  The game starts off great, then progressively gets a bit laggier and laggier.. until I have less than a framerate per second after a couple of hours.  While this isn't quite the lag you guys are talking about, I have had occasional bits of that as well.

#4 TruSm0ke

TruSm0ke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:09 PM

Are you sure it's not your GPU running out of VRAM_ That sounds more like a ram issue than a game one.

#5 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:47 PM

Once again, the term "Lag" is misused.

Are you referring to LATENCY (Slow connection response)
Are you referring to Game Slowdown (Reduced FPS)

For Latency, Consider what server you're connecting to. Pick one that is closer to your region to improve your ping. If you share an internet connection among your household, confirm that no one else is using it excessively (Such as torrenting, or streaming)

For Game Slowdown, It's more useful if you tell the developers what hardware you're running. What is your graphics card, what is your CPU_ Are your drivers all up to date_ The settings are a bit limited in beta, and if the Developers intend to keep these minimal settings, they need to know what the majority of players are running to keep it optimized. There are things you can do too however. Close unnecessary programs, in particular programs that are memory hogs (Steam, Origin, AVG); If you don't need it running, close it.

#6 CircularZebra

CircularZebra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 04:22 PM

I am getting a ton of "game slowdown" It takes the cursor forever just to move across the screen, and I couldn't dream about playing a match. I took a while to turn down all the settings thinking maybe that would have an effect but it didnt. And Im running off an Alienware and have NEVER had any kind of lag problems with any other games.

#7 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostCircularZebra, on October 30 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

I am getting a ton of "game slowdown" It takes the cursor forever just to move across the screen, and I couldn't dream about playing a match. I took a while to turn down all the settings thinking maybe that would have an effect but it didnt. And Im running off an Alienware and have NEVER had any kind of lag problems with any other games.

Slow mouse is a sign of a system struggling to keep up. Post your system specs or dxdiag here.

#8 REBEL_SST

REBEL_SST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:19 PM

Im getting alot of lag in TDM or DM when there is more than 1 mech im taking on. With more than 4 in my screen its unplayable and i have to just run. I have a core 2 E8400, 8 gigs 6400 ram, a Gigabit OC Redion 6850 and Win 7 Ultimate 64. Way more than is required on the specs site for the beta. i know its not my connection because nothing else is online here and i dont have slow net speed for anything else. id love to take on more than 1 mech. jumping into a fire fight with the flack cannon shoule be an easy kill or 2 and its not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users