HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Requesting a Bug Sticky

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:24 AM

Can the devs please post a known bug sticky to help eliminate the need to post repeated bugs_  Even if its to say, we are aware of it.  Perhaps to let us know what level of severity you have decided to put on a known issue and what may or may not be done about it.

Twisted

#2 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:02 AM

I agree. I also agree that Meteor needs help in moderating these forums to do this.. but I also realize that since the Alphas and Betas were so short.. that it wasn't really necessary.

But yes.. Definitely needs a sticky of the most common bugs.

#3 Tigerfly_Alawanegen

Tigerfly_Alawanegen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:17 AM

agree too.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:19 AM

Someone'd have to keep track of it and update it, and when they go to bed, they'll wake up to a huge mess in the morning from the overnight crew mucking the forum up with duplicate threads all over again.

It is a good idea, though. Just needs someone to keep on top of it in a reasonably efficient manner.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:57 AM

I know it would require a great deal of attendance, but at the very least some sort of updated sticky that shows they are taking the Bug forum seriously and are acting on posted problems.  People will be more inclined to post and share issues when they see the devs are taking an "active" interest in the forum, not just sitting back quietly and taking notes.  They could be very attentive to our issues, but without letting us know that - it comes across as we are inconsequential, even on major problems.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 01 2012 - 10:39 AM

The devs have made comments on the forums leading up to and during the course of this beta test that they read the forums because our feedback is exactly why they gave out thousands and thousands of invite keys. However, their jobs are to make Hawken, not chat with us, so they can't respond to every thread or every issue. I get the feeling that they'd love to talk with us a lot more, but they really don't have enough time as it is, so their interactions tend to have to be limited down to (mostly) serious business: getting more specific info out of a bug report so they can tackle the issue, responding to major threads about specific problems to let the community know what the status is or what they are doing/going to do about it, that sort of thing.

During an active beta test weekend with the number of huge problems like the server issues and problems with downloading the game files that we just had, this would take at least half of one person's productivity for the entire day to maintain such a thread and answer questions. Plus, there's the fact that at least some of the Adhesive and Meteor staff got to leave the office at long last and have their days off, and people at home are not going to be interested in answering email from Bug Tracker Bob on their days off about what the dev team is going to about bugs X, Y, and Z because the players have made 16 busy threads about each one in the last 7 hours because nobody reads to see if there's a thread already going.

It could be a community effort, with one person being the threadkeeper and getting links to threads from other people on the forum (as well as adding on his/her own as new bug threads come up) as new bugs are reported and have threads made for them. That would just require the blessings of the Meteor forum gods and it'd be a sticky.

Any volunteers_ I'm not sure that I have the time to set up and maintain such an undertaking at the moment, but I'd certainly contribute.

Edited by Elix, November 01 2012 - 10:40 AM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users