HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How much life do I have_ -- No idea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maltitol

Maltitol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:04 AM

While zoomed in you have no idea how much life you have or if you're even getting hit. There needs to be a better indicator of how badly you're hurt during zoom. There is only a small directional arrow that shows you've taken damage, but you have no idea how much. I can't tell if I need to run or keep shooting. 9 times out of 10 I have to run because I don't know if I have the advantage in a fight. Un-zooming to check your health during a fight is a major inconvenience especially with the sharpshooter class since your weapons miss if you're not zoomed.

I'm not asking for a health bar while zoomed. I'm asking for better bigger screen notification while zoomed.

/EndRant

Edited by Maltitol, October 30 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#2 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:28 AM

If you are being hit as a sniper then you need to relocate- assume that if one enemy can see you, then all enemies can.
This is not a good thing under almost every circumstance as a sniper.

Though I will say that when in turret mode for a C class, you are "zoomed in" and also cannot tell what your HP is.
I had to constantly turn to check and then tell my friend what his HP bar was via VOIP while we were defending the AA turret, just so that he knew when to get out, and if he was ok to push forward or not.

Perhaps having a digital display for your HP show up in the bottom middle of your screen when scoped in_
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#3 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:36 AM

I don't think you need an HP display while zoomed, just better feedback.  I would like to see your scope crack when your viewscreen does, as well as more feedback when you take damage, such as your scope shaking.
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#4 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:40 PM

I agree completely; I've been saying this in-game to my friends too many times. You either continue your snipe fight to try and be victorious and die because you had no idea how low your health was, or you waste precious time taking yourself out of scope, check health, rescope when you didn't need to.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#5 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm sure it's this way for balance.  There's a lot of games where you can't see your health or ammo while zoomed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users