HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Optimization bonus tracker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maltitol

Maltitol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:44 AM

The optimization points need to be tracked somewhere on the optimization screen. Right now we only see how much our stats are affected on a point-by-point basis. There should be a section on the bottom or left that shows our total bonuses from all points.

It would be nice to see ALL of my bonuses from optimizations, Items and internals listed somewhere. This way I could know how to stack my bonus points.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:19 AM

Why would they need to be displayed twice on-screen_

That being said, a number of details are missing from the Garage's UI right now, such as tooltips for weapon upgrades (nobody knew what they were for until a dev answered the questions). I imagine that there'd be some sort of "stats" page showing your total bonuses. Not necessarily all the stats for your mech, but at least the optimization and equipment bonuses.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Maltitol

Maltitol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostElix, on October 30 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Why would they need to be displayed twice on-screen_

That being said, a number of details are missing from the Garage's UI right now, such as tooltips for weapon upgrades (nobody knew what they were for until a dev answered the questions). I imagine that there'd be some sort of "stats" page showing your total bonuses. Not necessarily all the stats for your mech, but at least the optimization and equipment bonuses.

Do I have to do math for every talent I have_ -1.5% weapon cooldown times 3, .5% damage times 3, .5% increase attack speed times 2.
Why is that necessary_

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:32 AM

I don't know how to say this without sounding snarky, but it's basic addition, subtraction, and multiplication. If the computer can add it up, so can you. You're certainly welcome to your opinion, of course.

Like I said, I could certainly see a 'stats' screen showing all your bonuses from internal upgrades, optimizations, and any other bonuses in the game.

Edited by Elix, October 30 2012 - 08:32 AM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:07 AM

Just because you don't see value in the idea does not invalidate the original posters comment.

I would also like a summary of what my optimization points have accomplished on that screen.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users