HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Maybe a health bar in scoped view (and a 2 other idea's)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:21 PM

I think that if there would be a health bar when you are scoping with your sniper, that it would help a lot, because now you dont know how damaged you are. other then that: AWESOME GAME!!!!!!, cant wait till the full release!!!

Maybe also other maps for the siege type, but i think you are already working on it ;)
and maybe some more maps then these 4, but have to say: every one of these 4 maps is awesome in its own ways :D

Thanks for this opportunity to play this game, I loved every bit of it :lol:

Hope to be able to play soon ^^ Thanks again!

Kind regards
Tijgerbos

#2 Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:23 PM

ooh, and maybe also smoothing the floor out a bit, at least so the mechs dont get stuck on a 1 cm high edge ^^. but that is just the tweaking stuff I think ^^

#3 innvert

innvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yea this has been a problem for me as well being unable to see my health while scoped also on a side not would it be possible to have a fuel gauge higher up for example have heat meter on one side and a fuel gauge on the other, rather than two heat meters,i find the small dial down the bottom out of sight when playing.

Also love the game, great fun :D

Edited by innvert, October 30 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#4 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:55 PM

So I've seen a lot of these lately and I think I have the solution.
Posted Image
See all those bars on the right and left of the screen there_ Especially the curvy ones_ Here is my idea. No need for explanation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:00 PM

View Postinnvert, on October 30 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Yea this has been a problem for me as well being unable to see my health while scoped also on a side not would it be possible to have a fuel gauge higher up for example have heat meter on one side and a fuel gauge on the other, rather than two heat meters,i find the small dial down the bottom out of sight when playing.

This.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#6 BuffMyRadius

BuffMyRadius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:53 AM

I on the other hand, almost exclusively play a sniper and I like the way that the scoped mode doesn't provide any information. The ability to zoom is a trade off for situational awareness. That being said, its really hard to tell when shots are hitting you, just in general. Bullets whizzing by make basically the same noise as bullets hitting you. Scoped mode would be just fine if bullets "plinked" loudly on your armor. Could you imagine the racket 50 cal rounds would make hitting the armor of a mech as you sat inside it_ Ever been in a car in hail_ Like that only about a hundred times louder. Don't even get me started on the flak cannon.
AMD 4130 BE @ 4.0 Ghz, ASRock Extreme3 970, 4x2GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport, Gigabyte r9 270x OC, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Case

#7 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 31 2012 - 01:03 AM

Cake's done it again! That man/woman/baked-good-thief is a genius!

Posted Image

#8 Ryujin

Ryujin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 01:39 AM

What Buffy said.

To be honest, I kind of enjoy not having a health bar in scoped mode, since it works both ways.

I often find myself in a countersniping role (especially during siege), and there's a satisfaction in busting up some other sniper who's too focused targeting someone else in scoped mode.

Edited by Ryujin, October 31 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#9 bad_robot

bad_robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted October 31 2012 - 02:00 AM

Something like this_ High res version Yeah, I would love this!

Posted Image

Edited by bad_robot, October 31 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#10 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 31 2012 - 02:20 AM

View Postbad_robot, on October 31 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Something like this_ High res version Yeah, I would love this!

Posted Image

That's Perfect.

View PostSubdivision, on October 31 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Cake's done it again! That man/woman/baked-good-thief is a genius!

Y'know that SERIES OF VIDEOS I'm always linking to_ I've watched all of them probably multiple times. I follow popular games and design trends in gaming. I can't even fuzzing code in java, but I'm starting to be able to spot root problems and provide efficient solutions. Or at least ones that sound viable on paper.

I try to not make any post about a problem without attempting to supply an answer. ALL FOR THE SAKE OF GOOD BETA FEEDBACK!

But seriously, watch these. It'll change the way you play and think about games. Some of it might be obvious to you, but it's marvelously interesting stuff.

Edited by CakeBandit, October 31 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted October 31 2012 - 03:05 AM

It would be very helpful but I think it is absent for a reason (balance) just as the other important HUD info. I can track pretty well my HP while zoomed without the indicators.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#12 Karboxyd

Karboxyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 01:18 AM

As it has been said: either add bars in zoomed view, or at least a proper feedback when we're getting hit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users