HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech Weight System / Customization

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:23 PM

This suggestion is to promote the implementation of  a mech weight system.

Mech Weights:

Mech weights are a part of customization. Mechs can only carry a certain amount of weight on their vehicle.

How it Works:

Mechs weight is increased by adding on armor/weapon pieces onto your mech. For example. A tank mech could have a lot of armor but a weak, low weight weapon. But, a glass cannon mech could deal massive damage but take little to none. Mechs cannot go over their weight cap. Weight cap is increased every time you level your mech.

How it Helps:

• Helps balance the game more. Glass cannon mechs do lots of damage but take none. While tanks take a lot but do low damage.

• Allows for more mech customization. (what the players want)

• More play styles.

Edited by Female, October 30 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Angel_of_Shadows

Angel_of_Shadows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:23 PM

I think the overall idea is cool and i do support it. but think about this. If a new player joins a match with his own tank class vs a high exp one... that low lvl new player will get steamrolled almost every time. it would really unbalance the game unless the programmers can figure a way to balance it in.

that being said with that type of system it would allow the devs to add extremely powerfull weapons but would cost the player alot of abilities and armaments. but would make an interesting team fight.

#3 REBEL_SST

REBEL_SST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:11 PM

I mentioned it in another post, use Eve online as an example. Why not have mounting points and a finite limit on Mech resources for each model. Reward smaller mechs with mobility and bigger ones with hit points and mounting and energy capabilities. That idea has been used in so many games I don' understand why Hawken is missing it_ in order to make this game stand apart form other FPS, other than robot skins, it needs those elements. No serious gamer will want another FPS with robots. That's what Halo is for!

#4 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think the problem with doing that is that there's no adequate way to represent the varying degrees of customization in a way that can quickly make sense to a player facing it. It allows for so much variance that it becomes next to impossible to plan a strategy before you go into the engagement.

As for rewarding small mechs with mobility_ We do that already.

Giving big mechs larger energy reserves_ We do that already. C-Class get much larger fuel allowances than other weights.

I really think you need to lurk more Rebel. That, or nobody has pointed you to Mechwarrior Online.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users