HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

so, about matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LordShade

LordShade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:15 PM

Is there any plans for matchmaking to matchmake based on say, overall skill levels_ (or mech level)

I couldn't try out matchmaking much over the CBT because it was...not great. But joining servers and watching one guy with a high level (insert mech here, mostly assault/infiltrator) vaporize all the new people 29/3 is kinda sad...

This would help keep the really good players playing against the really good players, and the bad and average players playing against, well. Bad and average players.

so I suggest if nothing is planned, an extra stat on your profile page, that influences the matchmaker and who you get matchmaked against. A number between say, 0 and 20, with everybody starting at 10. or something. And it goes up or down depending how you perform in matches performed via matchmaking, opinions_

and I'm gonna slot this in here (rather then creating yet another new thread), Australian Region servers, please_ You don't know how hard it is to go positive in a match with 240ping average - it really is sad going 3 kill 15 deaths purely because somebody got a jump on you and cause of the latency you end up jumping all over the place. (normal movement is paticularly affected really badly, sometimes you'll 'jump' and the game will refresh half a second later with you crashed into a wall, forget intense firefights...)

#2 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yes, there will absolutely be a robust matchmaking system for open beta that will take into account all sorts of things.

As far as I'm aware there is no matchmaking or team balancing system currently in the Closed Beta.  And you can tell when you get worked haha (I know I can tell).  This is absolutely a problem that we'll be fixing.  We have a lot of solutions for it in fact.

I can't speak directly to Australian servers, but our longer-term goals for making this game awesome & worldwide would definitely provide for servers almost anywhere.  The more you guys keep asking for it the sooner it will come; we value player feedback very very highly.  :D

Thx!
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#3 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:36 PM

DAMMNNNN BURNED BY A DEV!!!! OHHHHHHH LOL

Edited by Astrolis, October 30 2012 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image

#4 LordShade

LordShade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:11 PM

awesome thanks for the awesome reply Saunders

View PostAstrolis, on October 30 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

DAMMNNNN BURNED BY A DEV!!!! OHHHHHHH LOL

I fail to see how i was in anyway 'burned' Infact it was just the reply i was looking for :)

Edited by LordShade, October 30 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#5 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:15 PM

The joke was in jest. Guess you missed it. Here it is for you.   :D

View PostSaunders, on October 30 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

And you can tell when you get worked haha

Edited by Astrolis, October 30 2012 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

#6 LordShade

LordShade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:25 PM

nah, I wasn't annoyed by that at all. hehehe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users