HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

F10 Causes game to pause for 5-10 seconds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eolith

eolith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have my Mumble hotkey set to F10 (via one of the G-keys on my G19) and every time I activate it, the screen freezes for 5-10 seconds. F10 does not appear to be a bound key for the game, is it doing some hidden function_

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:50 PM

Change your bindings, one way or the other. F10 is bound, but not listed in the options menu in-game.

F10 is bound to execute an Unreal Engine command called tiledshot. What it does is take an extremely high-quality screenshot (the default is triple your normal resolution -- I had the game in 1680x1050 and the resulting screenshots were 5040x3150. They're located in:

(My) DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameScreenshotsWin32Console

They're the huge bitmap files labeled "HiRes_Screenshot_XXXXX.bmp".

If you don't want to rebind your Mumble hotkey, open up HawkenInput.ini (in HawkenGameConfig in the same spot you found the screenshots) and delete this line:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="TiledShot 3 256")

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, my Fraps is set to F10 and I hit a couple of screenshots and was wondering why in the world my game froze. Thought it just might be some kind of inconsistency between Fraps and Hawken. Thanks for the explanation, Elix!
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 31 2012 - 08:13 AM

I suggest going and checking out those bitmaps, because something very funny happens. The HUD is tiled repeatedly across the screen.

This is because what tiledshot does is break the scene up into a bunch of separate screenshots (since it's rediculously huge) and then stitch them together into one seamless shot. However, the UI is overlaid on top in each shot. Like this.

But if you can hide the cockpit UI (which you could do using a console command before all the commands were locked down), the results look like this. I'd love it if there was a "hide UI" button next to the screenshot button so you could do this, or at least "take a screenshot and hide the UI for an instant while doing it before making it reappear" button (separate from the normal screenshot button in case you WANT the UI visible) for pretty shots like that.

Edited by Elix, October 31 2012 - 08:14 AM.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#5 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted October 31 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostElix, on October 30 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Change your bindings, one way or the other. F10 is bound, but not listed in the options menu in-game.

F10 is bound to execute an Unreal Engine command called tiledshot. What it does is take an extremely high-quality screenshot (the default is triple your normal resolution -- I had the game in 1680x1050 and the resulting screenshots were 5040x3150. They're located in:

(My) DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameScreenshotsWin32Console

They're the huge bitmap files labeled "HiRes_Screenshot_XXXXX.bmp".

If you don't want to rebind your Mumble hotkey, open up HawkenInput.ini (in HawkenGameConfig in the same spot you found the screenshots) and delete this line:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="TiledShot 3 256")
Sheesh, you could at least have credited me, if you're going to take what I posted and rearrange a few words. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on October 31 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Sheesh, you could at least have credited me, if you're going to take what I posted and rearrange a few words. :P
Hey, I wrote that out manually without referencing fuzz all. :P

But, yes, DarkPulse explained tiledshot to me so long ago (like, 3-4 days).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users