HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Brawler Overheat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Viskar

Viskar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:06 PM

Been playing mostly brawler for the past couple days. I got a handle of the class pretty well and try to stick to close range / point blank flak cannon fights.

I'm noticing tons of overheat problems though. In almost any one-on-one you end at 90%-100% heat gauge (win or lose). Missing 1 or 2 shots can sometimes be enough to prevent you from even doing enough damage to kill a B-class at close range.

This is even worse when you get to death match or other modes. If my main target slips away after even 1-2 shots and a new target engages me, then you pretty much can't even put up a fight when starting at 30% heat from those shots. The only option is to maybe get point blank to maximize a few shots, EMP yourself + enemy to stall for heat, and then get another shot in for the kill.

Comparing those to my friend who just unlocked D-Vulcan, he generates heat about 1/3 the speed of the flak cannon and puts out waaaaay more sustained damage. I've seen them sweep up 3-4 kills in maybe 15 seconds of firing.

Edited by Viskar, October 30 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:48 AM

I agree, its pretty tricky managing the heat generation first off ... had the same problems with the infiltrator until i started only using the charged up HEAT cannon shots, they bearly generate heat because of the pacing. That plus managing your optimisations and components ...
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 Glothrenite

Glothrenite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSt Kilda, Australia

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:00 AM

I agree.  After maxing out the Brawler I moved on to the Assult, for which heat is not an issue considering the special ability, but even BEFORE you use your 'F' you have so much more fire time than a Brawler.

Sadly i never got to try the Vulcan due to silly points spending. sad face.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users