HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Simulated custom AI gamplay footage.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:34 AM

I've always liked to mod game files to suit my desires. Unfortunately all the sound files in this game are cooked, like in pretty much all UR3 engine games. But I wish you'd allow sound files be uncooked, to allow custom ingame sounds. I've wanted to have a custom AI system for my mech from the first moment I heard of this game. I've somewhat accomplished this by using windows task scheduler to play .wav files when certain packets are received. But it can get buggy and spammy. So I've just been manually doing it. I like the immersion, though it takes more effort, it actually increases my ability, as I feel like I'm in the moment. Have a look.

Posted Image

#2 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostUrvanis, on October 31 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

I've always liked to mod game files to suit my desires. Unfortunately all the sound files in this game are cooked, like in pretty much all UR3 engine games. But I wish you'd allow sound files be uncooked, to allow custom ingame sounds. I've wanted to have a custom AI system for my mech from the first moment I heard of this game. I've somewhat accomplished this by using windows task scheduler to play .wav files when certain packets are received. But it can get buggy and spammy. So I've just been manually doing it. I like the immersion, though it takes more effort, it actually increases my ability, as I feel like I'm in the moment. Have a look.

Very nice.  I'd wonder if this would be considered a serious hack but personally I like it too much to think badly of it.  Plus it's a talking AI relaying info you already have so lots of awsome points for you good sir.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#3 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:55 AM

How is it detecting the radar jammer_ Having something explicitly tells you something about the game that's not supposed to be obvious sounds like you're gaining an unfair advantage.

#4 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 04:58 AM

It's cute, and I do like the idea. Could potentially get annoying after a while, but I suppose that's up to how much "fluff" you want to put into the VO.

View PostLithium03, on October 31 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

How is it detecting the radar jammer_

It's pretty obvious when you look at the radar that a scrambler is deployed, erratic red dots and usually far more than you usually see in a standard game. An audio cue isn't that much of an advantage

Edited by Inny, October 31 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#5 iSpitFire

iSpitFire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:18 AM

While I support the idea, this can't be allowed in competitive matches. They could support it (or some parts of the VO) in competitive matches. Besides, the mechs have much more personality this way.

Edited by iSpitFire, October 31 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#6 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostLithium03, on October 31 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

How is it detecting the radar jammer_ Having something explicitly tells you something about the game that's not supposed to be obvious sounds like you're gaining an unfair advantage.

View PostiSpitFire, on October 31 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

While I support the idea, this can't be allowed in competitive matches. They could support it (or some parts of the VO) in competitive matches. Besides, the mechs have much more personality this way.

There is nothing being automated, This is me reacting to circumstances via Hotkeys. Every voice you hear in this video is being done manually in real time, which is why some times there is a delay, or some moments that would seem like a good time for a cue don't happen, I'm still playing the game as its going on. The reason I want access to the sound files is that a lot of these events have sound effect cues. cues that I would like to modify to simulated  my AI. I wont have an advantage what so ever. The way I'm doing it now, I've got a disadvantage, as I'm needlessly hitting keys to provide immersion.

Edited by Urvanis, October 31 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Coot

Coot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:50 AM

The voice got annoying after awhile for me. Now if it was Morgan Freeman narrating my hawken experience .....

Mainly watched the vid cause I remembered playing against you once and you def had a quality inf playstyle. (Decent players so few and far between the good ones stood out :P)

Good vid, I know some people could learn a few things from this

#8 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostCoot, on October 31 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

The voice got annoying after awhile for me. Now if it was Morgan Freeman narrating my hawken experience .....

Lets have some Christopher Walken-Hawken in there too

#9 pezzott1

pezzott1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:32 AM

Hey Urvanis, Love the idea. Would be awesome if you did a tutorial on how to do this or any commented script. :D

btw, first time i saw this i thought about enemy AI for target practice. I really want this in this game!!

#10 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:08 AM

Btw The reason I have this is that I actually have a voice recognition system for my computer. It has the same voice . Think of Jarvis from Iron Man. Thats how I have my computer setup, but it is all premade messages. I use a voice synthesizer. But I modify it with audacity to sound more like a computer AI in an anime mech series. It can really be made into pretty much any voice you want, even the british butler jarvis voice. and you can have it say whatever you want, word for word. I can make a tutorial on this if enough people want it.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users