HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to get bored easily unless some changes are made

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kepponen

Kepponen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:50 AM

I managed to get this Beta test key at Saturday and had time on Monday to play. It was nice start and since mechwarrior 1-4 and some netmechs it was nice to test this.

But several problems on this game like Small text(some others have complained same thing there on Forum) and slow way to get other mechs, it's quite booring to play when u have a crappy mech and others mainly have latest models. I killed some put killing required lot of dying...
This Experience type thing I saw on Space Marine game and its PVP had same effect, lotsa people who had played it like 24/7 have best armor with deadly weapons, we got bored in a week.

There for Counter strike or Battlefield were better cause u could choose what weapon set you want to use.

It would balance game bit for some newbies like me on PVP to have a choice from start.. choose heavy or assault, better guns would require more exp but atleast Newbie would survive few shots more. So i got bored on Monday after playing 6h (1h start and rest later on that day) before server closed.

Deathmatch had this akward popup thing that you would be dropped right next to someone and get shot instantly.

Sync with server when exited from game had few disconnects time to time.

Thing sold on body shop are they making your mech longer lasting or better jump boost with nice color_

No lasers_

Nyyppä

Ps. Thank you for Beta test and hope it ends up better =)

#2 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:49 AM

Crappy mech...  honestly, I had no problem using a stock version mech vs upgraded models.  There's not a huge advantage in having a fully upgraded mech.

#3 Fragxile

Fragxile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:51 AM

You might be surprised to learn that the default mech you were given this round is often said to be the most powerful one, but yes a few upgrades on it and a few levels worth of customization points will make a leveled Assault better than an all new Assault. The other mechs have different roles and different weaknesses and fits other playestyles better. But the general consensus seems to be that the assault mech is the overall most powerful one.

So what I'm trying to say is mainly, don't feel discouraged because you believe your mech to be inferior. Go forth and blow stuff up. : )

The bodyshop things are only cosmetical the interior items you can buy however have small stat boosts to them that will allow you to shift the mech to perform in a manner you want it to.

As for a beginner I would not recommend going for DM straight away as those fights tends to descend into chaos pretty quickly where everyone just die ontop of eachother over and over. TeamDM or one of the other team modes is more hospitable to learning.

Hope you will come back for beta 2 whenver that happens and I hope you will find it an enjoyable experience.
Have a good day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users