HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[Suggestion] On implementing a Vote-Kick in Hawken.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Adding Vote-Kick in Hawken would be good idea_ (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Adding Vote-Kick in Hawken would be good idea_

1. Yes. (22 votes [62.86%])

Percentage of vote: 62.86%

2. No. (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

3. Not sure. (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:01 AM

I've posted on this already in here.

The thing was about pilots complaining on team mates not behaving or responsibly focusing enough in certain game modes.

Maybe would be time for the devs to consider the implementation of a VoteKick into Hawken. At least in these 2 game modes: Siege and Missile.

And, if possible, limited votekick/s per user and always including and showing the reason of it to all pilots during the game.

I've added a poll as well so let us know what do you think on this and vote!

Edited by The_Silencer, October 31 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:09 AM

I dunno, it's kind of a slippery slope. While it's a good idea on paper, in practice, you have to think about certain things, like some people using it to kick off a player who is simply good, for example.

Either way, assuming that the game maxes out at 6v6, I would have to think it should require at least 7 or 8 votes to activate a successful vote kick. This prevents one side from simply ganging up and kicking out an otherwise innocent player, and requires players on his own team to acknowledge he's a problem.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#3 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:09 PM

The idle timeout is really fast already. Creating incentive to play your hardest and stick with the team is more important to me. Players that know they can get in trouble for intentionally failing the team is better. Rewards for trying your hardest is a better way to go, IMO.

Having this kind of thing to even come up in mid game is also distracting. Would rather be focused on the fight.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on October 31 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

I dunno, it's kind of a slippery slope. While it's a good idea on paper, in practice, you have to think about certain things, like some people using it to kick off a player who is simply good, for example.

Either way, assuming that the game maxes out at 6v6, I would have to think it should require at least 7 or 8 votes to activate a successful vote kick. This prevents one side from simply ganging up and kicking out an otherwise innocent player, and requires players on his own team to acknowledge he's a problem.

Kicking innocents or a good player for no real reason would be the worst of the cases into all this, indeed.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 05:51 PM

These things happen in every game that has a vote kick feature. However, it is also used far more often for decent reasons, such as kicking that arogant trolling jerkwad who is spamming chat and insulting everyone. Nobody wants to be forced to play with someone like that.

Also, would you rather not have the option there should you get stuck in a game with a hacker on the enemy team who is zipping all over the map through walls and oneshotting your entire team_ The only option you would have would be to leave, voiding all exp/hp gains, and wasting all the time and effort you just put in to finding, joining and "playing" in that game.

In my opinion Votekick should be a standard feature in all online pvp arena based games.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#6 noten

noten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:43 PM

Votekick should be team specific, meaning you can only vote out a person on your team. 2/3 3/4 3/5 votes for a successful kick seems good with a 6 player max team cap. With only a 12 person cap on total players, one player slacking off is enough to put the team at a major disadvantage.

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:35 PM

View Postnoten, on October 31 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Votekick should be team specific, meaning you can only vote out a person on your team. 2/3 3/4 3/5 votes for a successful kick seems good with a 6 player max team cap. With only a 12 person cap on total players, one player slacking off is enough to put the team at a major disadvantage.

I definitely second that. -> Votekick team specific. ;)

Posted Image

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 01 2012 - 11:25 AM

Additionally less experienced pilots should have their chance as well; that as part of the positive fairplay.

Anyways, we'll see what happens on this matter soon.

Posted Image

#9 Korriban87

Korriban87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted November 01 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on October 31 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

View Postnoten, on October 31 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

I definitely second that. -> Votekick team specific. ;)

And I third that.

#10 WAVER

WAVER

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 11:52 AM

Yep team specific. But as someone said its a slipery slope... However I`ve played team death match 5 times during beta, and yes there are guys who tread this as death match, even if u try hard ur team gets its ass kicked evem harder. I ll definitely vote for yes
NEW ADDRESS- europeandevils.enjin.com
Posted Image

#11 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:39 PM

2 things
1. If someone is being an ass, couldn't you just have say... a mute function_
2. If we allow votekicking on our own team, what's to stop people from kicking the lowest scoring player_
Maybe you've got a teammate who is 0 and 8 and doesn't have much EU in a siege match because they're new and don't understand the game
Solution to your angry nerdrage woes_ Votekick them and hope for a better replacement
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#12 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 02 2012 - 04:16 AM

Yes it should be moderated in some manner. There has to be a balance between competitive and casual features to appease all parties. Competitive players will always become frustrated with people playing poorly on the team. As Beeman says, what's to stop them kicking new players. It's not very welcoming if you start out and get shunned out for learning. Other features such as muting are fine for dealing with annoying players. Maybe a vote mute_ That way people might get the message...

Many games these days seem to have a casual game mode and a competitive one. Should that happen with Hawken, I would like to see a kick system in the competitive mode and along side a mute system in both. Basically, keep serious games serious and fun games fun. (That does not mean serious games are not fun!) Although I feel the game can get on well without one entirely provided the player have a positive attitude towards the game

Posted Image

#13 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 02 2012 - 09:28 AM

Just as a side note, and which is mostly adressed to the devs,  but I want to share it for you all on here:

On game mode rules screenies: Putting an extra emphasis on main rules as well as on what behavior, from a gameplay standpoint, your team mates are going to be expecting from you, might be of precious help and much appreciated here too.

Additionally, implementing some kind of warning, prior to a final vote-kick, to those pilots not following the rules nor behaving as expected from a team standpoint during sensitive team game modes.

AFAIK, clans will have no dedicated servers. I may be wrong on that, at the same time that, if clan servers will be allowed, then a new set of possibilities should be evaluated on this subject.

Just my.. 4 cents for now.. :)

Posted Image

#14 Titzilla

Titzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBehind Cover

Posted November 02 2012 - 07:14 PM

I honestly was hoping for this earlier at one point, simply because there were a number of times where a player on missile assault would simply afk and get free points the entire match and take up space on a team while never actually joining the game. It got rather frustrating when I was with the afker on Prosk and then someone joined Sentium resulting in what essentially was a 2 player gap. Vote-kicking would be great for getting rid of people constantly afking, but like others have said, it's likely to be abused.

It might be a good idea to have it initiated by teammates only, but everyone can still vote, and then there would need to be 80 to 90% saying yes or something.
Posted Image

#15 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 08:18 PM

A mute function is definitely needed for a game like this. Vote kick would be a nice addition if implemented right to avoid any kind of foul play against new/highly skilled pilots. Then again you can't be there to prevent everything bad that can happen from adding this mechanic..

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#16 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 03 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostTitzilla, on November 02 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

I honestly was hoping for this earlier at one point, simply because there were a number of times where a player on missile assault would simply afk and get free points the entire match and take up space on a team while never actually joining the game. It got rather frustrating when I was with the afker on Prosk and then someone joined Sentium resulting in what essentially was a 2 player gap. Vote-kicking would be great for getting rid of people constantly afking, but like others have said, it's likely to be abused.

It might be a good idea to have it initiated by teammates only, but everyone can still vote, and then there would need to be 80 to 90% saying yes or something.
IIRC, there is an idle kick.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users