HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Problems downloading the client.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 GNkyrios

GNkyrios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 03:45 PM

Well, i got invited for the first closed beta, but i didnt had my new pc yet so i couldnt installed the game, but now when i try it, it fails to download, so can you only access the second beta if you have the game already installed_

#2 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 07 2012 - 03:52 PM

Two things lost to society in 2012:  Reading comprehension and the use of search tools.
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#3 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:03 PM

Three things lost. You forgot one.

#3 - Being respectful and helpful to people and not be a condescending jack-ass.

Client will be available when servers are live, not before.

Edited by TemperWolf, November 07 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostTemperWolf, on November 07 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Three things lost. You forgot one.

#3 - Being respectful and helpful to people and not be a condescending jack-ass.
I think you forgot one too.
#4 - Don't make yourself a colossal hypocrite by talking about being respectful and insulting someone in the same sentence.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:17 PM

#5 - Stop being an attention-hog and always getting the last word in every single thread on the forum.

Edited by TemperWolf, November 07 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#6 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 05:02 PM

#6 i feel left out want to join in on the fun

#7 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 07 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostTemperWolf, on November 07 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

#5 - Stop being an attention-hog and always getting the last word in every single thread on the forum.
#6 - Rofl. Umad_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#8 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:02 PM

#J

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#9 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

#10 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostNotKjell, on November 07 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

#J
That's not in the right order... You are missing 7 and 8

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#11 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostCaliberMengsk, on November 07 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostNotKjell, on November 07 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

#J
That's not in the right order... You are missing 7 and 8

Posted Image

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#12 Arakattack

Arakattack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:22 PM

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no reason why the fact that the closed beta 2 launches thursday must necessarily be mutually exclusive with the ability to patch the client to current version. Nearly every steam-based release is available for download prior to the launch of the game, many times days or weeks in advance.

Hence I find it interesting that you criticized the OP on reading-comprehension. As an english major, I can verify that the original email nowhere in its body suggested that the new client was not ready for download. In fact, the simple truth that the e-blast sent out by Meteor contained a link to "download Hawken" which at very least implies that one may, at this time, in fact, download Hawken.

Next time, before you criticize someone's comprehension, I suggest you check your own, because the OP was right to try it, the email at very least suggested it was possible, if not outright said you could (there is not a whole lot of wiggle room in the fact that the link said "Download Hawken", not "Download Launcher", but I'm willing to stipulate that the email didn't outright state that one could download the game client. That statement begged my analytical mind to explain why, but I couldn't find a good reason why I'm stipulating it, so I'm going with pure generousity.) People reading the e-blast sent out by Meteor have every right to be confused (the error says "failed to download manifest", not "sorry, the client will not be available until the beta goes live."), and finally, the OP posting here got a response that cleared that confusion up for the rest of us who DO understand the english language (and were confused by Meteor's vague verbiage.) thus making the post not only justified, but valuable.

TLDR; 1) Thank you OP. 2) .... NUH UH!

#13 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:31 PM

This isn't a steam based client. Hawken clearly doesn't have a patch server yet.

#14 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:50 PM

Also consider that, for CBT1, the Hawken client was made available for preloading about a day and a half in advance of the beta test actually beginning.

And that was also a period where the beta forums were being practically spammed by people going "Why can't I play_ Why are there no servers_!" So... really, I think they decided to avoid that. OR, the updated files aren't quite ready yet, but it's projected to be ready in time for the open.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#15 UjestShurly

UjestShurly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSterling Heights MI, USA

Posted November 07 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostGNkyrios, on November 07 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Well, i got invited for the first closed beta, but i didnt had my new pc yet so i couldnt installed the game, but now when i try it, it fails to download, so can you only access the second beta if you have the game already installed_

Check you email the second email has a link for download. It is the email that says you have not been on Hawken in awhile. It is the email with the subject:  HAWKEN is waiting for you to join the fight.

Did you register your code_ If not see the link "Redeem Code" at the top right of the Hawken homepage.

Edited by UjestShurly, November 07 2012 - 07:52 PM.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

#16 Iceman

Iceman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 08:19 PM

The e-mail does imply that we can patch the game now too be ready for Closed beta 2. Alas that is not true. :(

#17 Kalmanaka

Kalmanaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 08:46 PM

The e-mail I got today said "We couldn't help but notice you haven't joined us in HAWKEN lately. Perhaps you were waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump in. Good news: that time is right now!"
I tried to join "right now" but couldn't. Client failed to download. Re-read the email and saw the closed beta doesn't start till tomorrow.
Very, very confusing email.

#18 Taihus

Taihus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 09:08 PM

Indeed.
"If the Fate Amenable To Change had been a human, at this point it would have looked down, put one hand over its eyes, and shaken its head."

-Excession, Iain M. Banks

#19 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 07 2012 - 09:17 PM

yea the emails kinda have been written by a tweaking caffeine addict, because i have been active and i got that email as well
Posted Image

#20 Edregol

Edregol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 01:05 AM

Erm, i may have deleted the mail with the link to the Closed Beta 2 client -.-. so, could anybody tell me where i can get the client for the upcoming beta event_

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users