HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to download manifest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Bluemoo

Bluemoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:52 PM

This because the servers are overloaded, or do I need to re-install the client__

#2 Massive_Maxwell

Massive_Maxwell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm having the same problem, can't seem to find anything on the forums or support.

#3 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostMassive_Maxwell, on November 07 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

I'm having the same problem, can't seem to find anything on the forums or support.
I hope this is sarcasm. The beta hasn't started yet. How did you miss that_

Posted Image

#4 Talisman

Talisman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:18 PM

So, do we re-download the entire game at that point_ (I deleted the client after the... Alpha_ Beta 1_ whoops!) Won't be a problem for my connection, I suppose! :V

Edited by Talisman, November 07 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#5 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:28 PM

Read the stickies at the top of the forum.
Everything you need to know is in there.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#6 NioXin

NioXin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:44 PM

I am having this issue also.  If it hasn't started, maybe they should give us a date and time. I am in Australia, so its well into the 8th allmost 9th (2nd day of Beta 2)

#7 HuMnGuSpWnEr

HuMnGuSpWnEr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hey guys, I just realized I was invited to the closed beta way back in February. Does this mean I'll be able to participate in tomorrow's event_ If so, how_ If not, why_

#8 Hitcher

Hitcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:01 AM

Don't worry, I'm not even sure it's started yet, give it a few hours or so and then try restarting the client.
I might just play it safe and redownload the whole thing when I get back from work this evening.
Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare_

#9 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostHuMnGuSpWnEr, on November 08 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hey guys, I just realized I was invited to the closed beta way back in February. Does this mean I'll be able to participate in tomorrow's event_ If so, how_ If not, why_
Read.
The.
Official.
Posts.
In.
The.
News.
And.
Announcements.
Board.

Why is checking the official threads about the beta such a hard concept_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#10 Kalmanaka

Kalmanaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:10 AM

The email I got today said: "We couldn't help but notice you haven't joined us in HAWKEN lately. Perhaps you were waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump in. Good news: that time is right now!"

Guess what. The time is NOT right now. It's tomorrow. A lot of people are trying to install the game "right now" because the email said "right now." Being an ass about it won't do anything but chase people off.

#11 VinterStorm

VinterStorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationnorway, oslo.

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostHitcher, on November 08 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Don't worry, I'm not even sure it's started yet, give it a few hours or so and then try restarting the client.
I might just play it safe and redownload the whole thing when I get back from work this evening.

that depends on where on the globe you live.

if you live in the us then you should be sleeping now and game is up by lunch times =P
if you live in eu then the server wont be up untill 20-22:00 on the 8th.
if you`re in australia then its around 04-06:00 on the 9th.

#12 HuMnGuSpWnEr

HuMnGuSpWnEr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:16 AM

I read the official forum and I'm still not completely sure that I'll get to join you guys tomorrow. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. God speed fellas.

#13 Turic

Turic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationRussia - Ukrane, Voronezh - Donetzk

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostHuMnGuSpWnEr, on November 08 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

I read the official forum and I'm still not completely sure that I'll get to join you guys tomorrow. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. God speed fellas.

if you able to open "download page" and download patcher, you can play.
http://hawken.ru/ - Русский сайт об игре [RUssian site]
http://vk.com/hawken - сообщество вКонтакте [VKcom]

#14 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostTalisman, on November 07 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

So, do we re-download the entire game at that point_ (I deleted the client after the... Alpha_ Beta 1_ whoops!) Won't be a problem for my connection, I suppose! :V
I knew we would met again Char!!!!!!!! *flips table* Read the stickies people thank you.

Posted Image

#15 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostHitcher, on November 08 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Relative to the time of this post, the beta starts in about 12 hours. The CBT1 client does not need to be uninstalled and reinstalled, according to the stickies. The updates will download when the server is up. Right now it is not up.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#16 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostKalmanaka, on November 08 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

The email I got today said: "We couldn't help but notice you haven't joined us in HAWKEN lately. Perhaps you were waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump in. Good news: that time is right now!"

Guess what. The time is NOT right now. It's tomorrow. A lot of people are trying to install the game "right now" because the email said "right now." Being an ass about it won't do anything but chase people off.
Yes, that email was slightly odd and incorrect. But still, the correct action is to search or read stickies before reaching for the Create New Topic button. If you find you're unable to get into the game, you probably aren't the first. If you are, congrats, make a thread. However, there's only going to be one, at most, of these people landing in the news/support/bug reports/discussions/etc. forums that is the first. Everyone else is just not paying attention and clogging the forums with duplicates.

That doesn't excuse treating people badly, but there are only so many ways to ask someone to research their question for just five seconds before making new threads.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#17 Bluemoo

Bluemoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:45 AM

Why would I look at stickies, when the e-mail says, hey where the fuzzy bunny are you starts on 11/8.

#18 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:49 AM

You still need to wait 11 more hours. Servers officially open Noon PST on 11/8, so you should be able to download then. I know the emails are misleading, but the reason why you get so many people say "Please read official threads" is because this is like the 20th duplicate thread asking this exact same question.

#19 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostBluemoo, on November 08 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Why would I look at stickies, when the e-mail says, hey where the fuzzy bunny are you starts on 11/8.
Because it clearly isn't working yet_ If it doesn't work, do you a) research, or b) scream and hope someone else does the research for you_

Edit: Disabling emoticons in the post. Grumble grumble turn my b) into a face.

Edited by Elix, November 08 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#20 groowagon

groowagon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:14 AM

seems there's no pre-download yet. i also get the manifest-thingie. they say they'll send the download link when it's available for download, but it's a bit confusing since you can already download the launcher.

you'd kinda think that you could already pre-download the client when it's less than 10 hours before servers go live.

Edited by groowagon, November 08 2012 - 02:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users