HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to download manifest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:27 AM

The launcher works, but the client data might not be ready yet. The period between the pre-download becoming available and the actual opening of the beta servers for the first test resulted in a flood of people asking why there were no servers, with people uninstalling and reinstalling the game (putting that much more of a load on the already-struggling servers). I think they're trying to avoid that this time.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#22 groowagon

groowagon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostElix, on November 08 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

The launcher works, but the client data might not be ready yet. The period between the pre-download becoming available and the actual opening of the beta servers for the first test resulted in a flood of people asking why there were no servers, with people uninstalling and reinstalling the game (putting that much more of a load on the already-struggling servers). I think they're trying to avoid that this time.
yeah, but some info on that would've been nice, instead of leaving people hanging with "unable to download manifest" -message...

#23 Uridan

Uridan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:54 AM

I bet they gonna beta-test the download server for the client as well, getting high loads.

#24 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 04:54 AM

It always makes me wonder why in the hell devs at gaming sites can't implement a script showing current date and time that one could refer to.
Some time ago i was waiting for some e-sport event that i wanted to watch and i actually found out that there are about 5 different ways to call eu time and about as much ways for us (no, srsly, wtf, it was like one for the whole continent, two that split the former into two timezones, one related to the sea but the same as the first one and like another 2 or 4 other names that take summer and winter time into consideration, WHAT THE ... anyway) after some long research i was finally able to at least count the correct time for myself from gmt...
And then my friend told me it'll be an hour later because that game's devs started traveling (cause of e-sports) and they posted the news in other time zone that they always post in.
It's not the first and not the second time i see ppl confused about time zones on forums and that often happens even if they actually did read WHEN the event really starts. Now, if there would be a simple clock with date on the site, that would probably relieve most people.

Ps. I know that it's only beta now but i hope that after the official start forums will get some mod love and topics like all those manifest problems get merged and/or quickly deleted. Thanks.

#25 Denea

Denea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:30 AM

Been looking forward to playing this.  I don't understand one thing.  Why would you not allow players to download the game prior to the 2nd Closed Beta opening__  This does not open until 3PM EST, and then you're going to allow people to start the download_  I guarantee most people will be wasting a majority of the day downloading this, instead of actually playing it.

Bad planning.

Edited by Denea, November 08 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#26 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostDenea, on November 08 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

Been looking forward to playing this.  I don't understand one thing.  Why would you not allow players to download the game prior to the 2nd Closed Beta opening__  This does not open until 3PM EST, and then you're going to allow people to start the download_  I guarantee most people will be wasting a majority of the day downloading this, instead of actually playing it.

Bad planning.

That's what they did for CB1 (allowing you to DL it early). I agree that they should have let us do that again, but its not really a huge hassle, it only took me about 15-20 minutes to DL CB1 and i don't have an amazing connection. Also, like another user said they probably don't want people complaining that their are no servers up.
Posted Image

#27 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted November 08 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi all,
You are unable to download the manifest because the servers are not yet open. Servers will be up around 12:00noon pst.

Locking this thread just to consolidate posts in the Closed Beta 2 Support thread.

See you on the battlefield!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users