HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Feel of weapons and gameplay

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lazerdragg

Lazerdragg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:00 PM

When i fire a weapon i want to feel like im firing a massive assault rifle strapped onto a Mech setting a blaze to an  enemy. Not a paper gun.
When i fire my weapon it feels bland, like something is missing. More recoil_,More effects on sound maybe_, more emphasis on weapon firing _. I don't know but when i fire my weapon it feels like im not in a mighty mech firing MY weapon. I want to feel like i REALLY am firing a huge assault rifle and i am not getting that feeling from this game.

Other than that GREAT GAME. Runs smooth and looks great on ultra settings too! .Nice use of NVIDIA's Pyhsx too. Game is beautiful

But i hope firing weapons can be improved though. It would bring a more Immersive game play feel to it too.

#2 gunhe4d

gunhe4d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:36 PM

I kind of get that feeling on some levels, but when you think about it, these are armored vehicles evolved from tanks.  You are firing from behind tons of armor and very heavy machinery.  It would stand to reason that the sounds would be somewhat muted, and that recoil would be absorbed in the body to keep the gunner/pilot as steady as possible.  Watch this vid of a modern tank in actual combat, you notice that when It's firing there's hardly any recoil beyond slight vibration on the mounted camera.  Even when the main cannon is fired, the tank moves very little.

That said, there may be room for improvement in the sound/visuals category.  You'll notice that the mechs don't actually have any windows, so the view you see as a pilot is actually some sort of projected video feed most likely from a camera mounted on the front of the mech somewhere.  Perhaps extended fire could shake that camera some and create a bit of interference, or the sounds could be amplified from an external mic feeding into the pilots helmet thus beefing up the sounds of weapon fire.

Edited by gunhe4d, November 08 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#3 Lazerdragg

Lazerdragg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:48 PM

I hear your point.But i don't think of the realism works as well as it does game play wise. Also that external sound idea sounds pretty good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users