HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Buying Items/Internals Crashes Game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dullahan

Dullahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted November 08 2012 - 06:55 PM

Summary: When I try to buy the items (with meteor points), my game instantly crashes.  I have all my gear and account carried over from the first closed beta. Initially I tried to buy the repair charge defensive item 4 times, the game crashing each time.  Then I tried to buy the EMP Functional item and the game crashed.  Tried buying a 30/s repair defensive internal on a class C mech and game crashed.  I haven't tried all the possible combinations, but I assume any time I try to buy something for my mech my game will crash.  Edit: crashes when I tried to buy a cosmetic cockpit as well. Note that I don't get charged the meteor points, and I don't receive the item. The game just crashes.  

Steps to reproduce: Doing as I described reproduces the problem for me, essentially buying anything.  I've been able to consistently crash the game 6 times in a row doing this.

Frequency: Game crashed 6 out of the 6 times I tried to buy things in the garage.  

Severity: 5, Completely closes the game to desktop, and won't allow me to buy any items to outfit my mech.

Additional notes: I have several config files that remain from Alpha 2 where I changed a couple personal preference options like FOV and film grain, as well as some graphics options in an attempt to make the game run smoother on my machine. I saved these as read only in an attempt to keep them from resetting, and have not done anything with them since the Alpha 2.  It appears they haven't been replaced or changed with the updates since then either.  Not sure if this could be contributing to the issue.  

System Specs:   Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 8gb RAM, Intel i7 Q740 1.73GHz (Boost up to 2.93GHz), ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, Wired internet ~30Mbps down/3.5Mbps up.

Edited by Dullahan, November 08 2012 - 07:01 PM.

Spoiler

Burn to ash, then burn the ashes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users