HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Repair Orbs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hitabowl

hitabowl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:29 AM

Would it be possible to make repair orbs dropped by dead mechs instant instead of having to wait 2-3 seconds to get the full charge_ I say this because too many times I will jump into a battle with multiple mechs and after I've taken 2 or 3 out I'm forced to stand on an orb and wait for the repair from it, 2-3 separate times. This slows down how quickly it's possible to get back into battle or to defend yourself. If someone finds you while you're absorbing the repair orbs it's usually a no contest because they can dish out burst damage faster than the orbs supply it while I'm forced to choose between gaining a slight repair and dodging. I've almost given up on using the repair orbs as I find it more effective to boost to a corner and heal. It feels like really stop-and-start gameplay which can feel quite "grindy" to me.

#2 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:34 AM

I love the checks-and-balances of the current repair orb system. Stick around the battlefield and scavenge, or run away and heal_ I think it's a great choice mechanic. Instant heal orbs would favor kamikaze burst damage players too much IMO. Repair orbs are great the way they are.

Posted Image

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:54 AM

JustJake said everything I was going to say.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:58 AM

Agreed. It's checks and balances; instant would make them too powerful and useful.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#5 MelonMiel

MelonMiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTerrebonne, Canada

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:20 AM

Is it just me or the Orb could be more apparent _

when I use my own healing orb ... I have a hard time finding it... let's say in a battle.

what do you think_

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:53 AM

It's a light-emitting glowy golden ball floating over the ground in the middle of a ruined cityscape that's pale and gray (in Titan or Andromeda) or pale tan/ickier yellow/brown (Sahara/Alleys). And it's animated. Aim your own orb at the floor in front of you, if possible, and then you can basically just sit on it for a second.

I think it's fine.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#7 MelonMiel

MelonMiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTerrebonne, Canada

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostElix, on November 09 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

I think it's fine.

yeah it might be just me :), still I'd like it higher in the air or may be taller

#8 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:20 PM

They could be a bit bigger, or maybe multi-colored -- but that would detract from how visually apparent dropped EU is. Orbs also show up on the map, and you can easily collect them by walking your dot on the map over the little orb-dots. Following the orbs is a good strategy in DM or TDM when you're alone, low on health, but have lots of boost. Jet to the site of a long-forgotten battle, collect the five orbs, and you're back to full health.

I also like to heal when I'm standing over an orb -- it wastes less time, as the orb heals you during the start-up animation.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users