HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator way to OP

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 smokeBOB

smokeBOB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:14 AM

u all see the infiltrator at work and is WAY to OP - and to all of u ther is goen flame me after thes ar not here to test and make a balance game - thes need to be fix - els u only goen see infiltrator in the game and nothing els  and is real sad  at 1 mec can roll all over all other mec - it got OP speed and can use HEAT-cannon so easy is a damm joke and yes is beta but stell - fix it . or thes game is goen kill it selv real fast

Edited by smokeBOB, November 09 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#2 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:35 AM

they're so squishy, i have 300 oceanic ping and i cut them down with a vulcan - even i'm not complaining, albeit the best infiltrator i've seen is Kyrzon ~ some people are amazing with infiltrator, most aren't, you simply have to be unlucky to meet the overly talented people
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#3 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:36 AM

i've only met a handful of people *great* with the infiltrator
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#4 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:38 AM

Your thread made countless grammar and spelling nazies commit suicide. I hope you're proud! :unsure:

But i do agree that Infiltrators shouldn't have a HEAT cannon. It simply works too well on it.

But it's nothing game-breaking.

Edited by Juodvarnis, November 09 2012 - 04:39 AM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#5 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:46 AM

The OP is parodying someone, right_

Guys_
Posted Image

#6 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:10 AM

its OPfiltrator not infiltrator!

#7 GrimChaos

GrimChaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostSpiderz, on November 09 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

they're so squishy, i have 300 oceanic ping and i cut them down with a vulcan - even i'm not complaining, albeit the best infiltrator i've seen is Kyrzon ~ some people are amazing with infiltrator, most aren't, you simply have to be unlucky to meet the overly talented people
Who is that guy_  I saw that name earlier today and I got my ass kicked out there.  And this person was playing as the infiltrator.

#8 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:54 AM

Infiltrator is FAR from OP. Sure could use some tweaking just like the Sharpshooter or the Point-D Vulcan on Assault. Play the game longer than a day and try to accommodate player Skill instead of saying ZOMG OP!!! /sigh No to mention how many people just jumped into a game and didn't outfit your mech_ Hmm_ You are going against some people who have been in this thing since Alpha 1. I will take time for you to get used to things.

Edited by Toryne, November 09 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#9 Harrower

Harrower

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:21 AM

You all see the Infiltrator at work and it is WAY to OP - To all of you who are going to flame me after this; are we not here to test and make a balanced game_ This needs to be fixed or else you are only going to see Infiltrators in the game and nothing else. It is really sad that 1 mech can roll all over all other mechs - It HAS (NOT GOT) OP speed and can use the Heat Cannon. It is so easy it's a damm joke and yes this is beta but still, fix it, Or this game is going to kill itself really fast.

Ah I feel better now.
But really the Infiltrator can only get OP speed if they spec into it, like anyone can. As for the heat cannon being to good.. for what moderate aoe damage_ If anything being able to use an item grenade the same time you shoot a grenade is probably the most op part.

#10 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:31 AM

its not hyper OP, but its weapons could use a reduction in damage.  It's quite a simple class to use due to how much damage it can deal and how quick it moves.

#11 LinuxDaemon

LinuxDaemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:44 AM

Umm.. Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is OP besides Original Post(er)_ :D

#12 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:48 AM

If you want to see OP in damage take a look at when people access the Point-D Vulcan on the assault (not the turret the actual gun) Then we will see whats OP. Alot of people think its a damage thing....its not. Its the fact that they are mobile. Give the game more than a day if you are CB1 or CB2 fresh Trust me it takes TIME for you to truly get a feel for strategy and skill. I've wrecked plenty of Infiltrators with my own Infiltrator but I also know an amazing Sharpshooter who has wrecked most Infiltrators he's gone up against. Sharpshooter can majorly hurt the lighter mechs with a simple double shot. Even more so when using their ability for more damage. Trust me when I say this. The Adhesive team is always looking at balancing the different classes. Due to NDA i can't tell you what changes have happened but trust me when I say this changes have already happened.

Edited by Toryne, November 09 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#13 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostLinuxDaemon, on November 09 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Umm.. Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is OP besides Original Post(er)_ :D
Over Powered

#14 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:16 AM

Indeed, infiltrators aren't op. This game takes a bit of getting use to as far as understanding the intricacies. Many people in Alpha 2 said the normal assault was op as well, but it's simply the fact that assault types (infiltrator included) are just that. Assault. They are the front line, so you will see them more often then the others. It may just be you are seeing more of them then the other mechs because of this effect and just think they are OP because you don't see the others.

Give it a few days, learn your mech and the game a bit more, play a lot more matches, in different game modes, against different people, then make an educated decision instead of a pissed off rant. Either you are just horrible at spelling or, the more likely answer, you were just upset that you got killed a ton. Even 10-15 games isn't enough to decide something is over powered or not.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#15 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostLinuxDaemon, on November 09 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

As Toryne said, Overpowered. But to give a better idea, it should only be used when describing something that is game breaking ie there is no counter-strategy for it. Not something to kneejerk about.
Desert Fox

#16 Brave_Sir_Robin

Brave_Sir_Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNearby the model of Camelot

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostsmokeBOB, on November 09 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

u all see the infiltrator at work and is WAY to OP - and to all of u ther is goen flame me after thes ar not here to test and make a balance game - thes need to be fix - els u only goen see infiltrator in the game and nothing els  and is real sad  at 1 mec can roll all over all other mec - it got OP speed and can use HEAT-cannon so easy is a damm joke and yes is beta but stell - fix it . or thes game is goen kill it selv real fast

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like_

Posted Image

Need some advice on your next Mech_ Check out this thread!

#17 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on November 09 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Your thread made countless grammar and spelling nazies commit suicide. I hope you're proud! :unsure:
Hi, Kettle!

Edited by DarkPulse, November 09 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#18 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 09 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

View PostJuodvarnis, on November 09 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Hi, Kettle!
I wasn't saying that i was one of them, was i_ If i was a grammar fuzzy bunny, i would have slit my wrists and strangled myself with my veins. :)

Never thought NAZl is censored. Weird.

Edited by Juodvarnis, November 09 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#19 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:46 AM

lol :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#20 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:57 AM

Also there is a grammar mistake in the title: Infiltrator is way too OP - this is how it should be corrected.
Posted Image
*sigh*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users