HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Increase Hellfire missile speed.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shkval

Shkval

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:41 AM

I don't have a Rocketeer myself, but from meeting them I can safely say that their missiles are goddamn useless. They're slow as hell and I don't remember ever being hit by them. When I see a Rocketeer on my team I know for sure that I will receive pretty much no support from this clumsy POS. I can't say anything about the repeater gun because I never saw it used but those missiles are a joke. A car moves faster than that damnit.
Holy turtle on a rocket wheel chair.

#2 Zyx

Zyx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:31 AM

You're wrong. When you lock on from long range there's no way to avoid them other than jumping behind a wall, take one volley and 4/5 of your health is gone. The repeater is faster and fires in a straight line so it's not useless in close combat either.

#3 Shkval

Shkval

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostZyx, on November 09 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

You're wrong. When you lock on from long range there's no way to avoid them other than jumping behind a wall

With their current speed there's no way you won't find cover in time. There's plenty of cover to go around on any map and one or two side-dashes are all you need to fully negate the Rocketeer's main weapon.
Holy turtle on a rocket wheel chair.

#4 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:12 AM

Who needs cover_ A side dash or a boost will do just as well. I agree, those missiles need some kind off buff. But rather than speed, I think they should be able to bank better.
Posted Image

#5 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hellfire missiles are fine. You just need to know and maintain their ideal distance and angle. Rocketeers have the highest burst damage in the game, but using their weapons effectively is counter intuitive. If you want evidence of their usefulness, then please watch this.

This was before I learned how to properly aim the EOC and HEAT, before I realized you can lead lock-ons to hit dodgers, and before I discovered missiles can curve around corners. Rocketeers can be bad news.

#6 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm not sure if it's because I'm facing more new players, but I'm getting a lot more hits when using Hellfires than CBE1 and Alpha. Have they been buffed_
Desert Fox

#7 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:28 AM

I think they work alright. At long range they track well, and in CQC you can dumbfire them for guaranteed damage.  You can fire above hills and around corners for small damage, cover, and suppression.
Chicks dig giant robots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users