HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

buying items

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoinOps

CoinOps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthe north

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:45 AM

am i right in thinking that in order to have a decent chance we'll have no choice but to purchase weapons/armour ect_

id like to know now so that i dont get roped into the game too much and then be disappointed that my mechs potential is feeble without real money.

zynga (mafia wars/farmville facebook games) do this and its the worst thing to happen to gaming in the history of gaming but for the companys who make these types of games, the cash floods in like never before.

if this is how hawken is going to operate ill just forget about it right now and go back to my ps2, ah my beloved ps2 never let me down.

I LOVE YOU PS2.

but yeh whats the crack_
METAL COMMAND I SPIT 16 LIKE A SAVAGE

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:49 AM

View Post[MTR]PabloPwnage, on November 07 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

HAWKEN Will Be Free-to-Play

Team HAWKEN loves free-to-play (F2P) and we see it as a great way to be able to continually offer fresh content and a high-quality game experience.

In HAWKEN, all the mechs can be purchased with HAWKEN Points (which are earned by playing) as well as Meteor Points (which are bought with money). Additionally, every mech is continually balanced against all the other mechs in the game.  We want to ensure that when a player purchases a new mech, they are purchasing a mech that's different, not superior. You're still going to need to master the necessary skills to make your mech effective in order to realize success on the battlefield. You don't ever have to spend a dime to end up with a mech exactly as powerful as anyone else's. It might not look the same and it will take you longer, but at the end of that road you're going to be in a fair fight. There the only excuse for winning or losing will be skill.

Paul “PabloPwnage” Loynd
Producer, Meteor Entertainment
Source.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 CoinOps

CoinOps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationthe north

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:56 AM

"In HAWKEN, all the mechs can be purchased with HAWKEN Points (which are earned by playing) as well as Meteor Points (which are bought with money). Additionally, every mech is continually balanced against all the other mechs in the game.  We want to ensure that when a player purchases a new mech, they are purchasing a mech that's different, not superior. You're still going to need to master the necessary skills to make your mech effective in order to realize success on the battlefield. You don't ever have to spend a dime to end up with a mech exactly as powerful as anyone else's. It might not look the same and it will take you longer, but at the end of that road you're going to be in a fair fight. There the only excuse for winning or losing will be skill."

thanks thats not too bad i guess. the only envy ill have now is based on vanity. i can live with that.

METAL COMMAND I SPIT 16 LIKE A SAVAGE

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:58 AM

The devs have been, from day one, dedicated to not allow Hawken become pay-to-win. Only decorative items are going to be premium-only, essentially.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users