HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Double Joysticks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheBennett

TheBennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:52 AM

So in an attempt to ruin my ability to aim BE AWESOME, I'm trying to use a program called JoyToKey to use two joysticks simultaneously to control my mech in Hawken.  Left stick move, right stick look and all other necessary buttons mapped as well.

Not having much success so far, everything seems to work until I boot Hawken, at which point it doesn't seem to recieve the input from the joysticks.  There should be some way to get it to work, but Hawken could also support it natively.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:54 AM

Well, there's this.

Right now, controller support is sketchy at best, because the game's still not finished. That would be the most likely source of your problems. However, given the sweet hardware in that Kotaku article, I'm sure there'll be better support in the near future.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 TheBennett

TheBennett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:28 PM

Ooh, shiny :)

Even if the game doesn't support it, it's all just a matter of having the computer interpret the joystick input as if I was pressing keys or moving the mouse.  I'll probably be messing around with it some more, further posts as developements warrant ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users