HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game is Hanging on Closing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:09 PM

If I have problems connecting to a server (such as lost connection, or unable to find game) and I then quit the game, it hangs and I have to Ctrl,Alt Del my way out of the game.

This happens every time.

#2 DevilTyphoon

DevilTyphoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:20 PM

Sometimes same thing
Posted Image

#3 Novaflare

Novaflare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTybee Island

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:30 PM

same here, haven't been able to play for 3 hours either
Posted Image

#4 Entity

Entity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNiyabainen IV - Moon 1 - CNAP

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:47 PM

Apparently closing the game using the taskbar (close window) or taskmanager (kill process) is a lot faster than using the quit function :P

#5 Revindicator

Revindicator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:51 PM

me too bros. Impossible join in server browse, sometimes i dont gain experience, and somtimes the conection wit server its lost. Forever altgr + ctrl + sup lol ^^.
See you in the trenches of life brothers...

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:00 PM

I've experienced this issue too. (Quitting the game whilst I was in the Matchmaking tab after having issues at finding a game in there).

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#7 handofgod666

handofgod666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:13 PM

Just happened to me. i cant even connect to a game after this patch

#8 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:22 PM

Similar experience for me too. Not sure if it's related to the server issues or not. Both issues appeared at the same time.

#9 Orion1557

Orion1557

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSalem,Oregon

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:33 PM

same here

#10 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:40 PM

On the latest time I tried to play I also got this. It does actually quit on its own, but it just takes a REALLY long time. It seems there are still a good number of server bugs to get sorted out, because I can't imagine this being caused by anything else.

The joys of beta.

#11 DCNZ

DCNZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NewZealand

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:22 PM

Same here... and worse! Just strange that I coulden't even ctrl + alt + del out one time when Hawken froze up and I had to hold down the power button to shut my computer off and reboot it back up. That has never happened, ever, with any other game. I have no Idea what that was. I did try different keyboards before shutting down, but it wasn't that.One time I was waiting to join a game and my whole computer reset. One minuite I was waiting, next thing the screen was black, then the boot screen was up and I realized that Hawken had some how instantly shut down my PC like the power was riped out and then my computer turned its self back on. I hope Hawken dosen't fry my computer...
Alpha 2's epic! Thanks Hawken team.

#12 Mezion

Mezion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:35 PM

DCNZ - sounds kinda like an overheating problem to me - perhaps check the your fans for dust buildup_

I notcied this last night, but was too tired to test it. Told the game to quit, i remember it froze up, can't remember how I got out, but I thought I had waited instead of using task manager. Will try to reproduce.

Edited by Mezion, November 09 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#13 Chaosblazer

Chaosblazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:38 PM

Same thing here, was fine last night before the patch. Also I've been having connection problems which I didn't have last night.

Edited by Chaosblazer, November 09 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#14 DCNZ

DCNZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NewZealand

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:49 PM

It's a water cooled rig. It didn't even get over 45 degrees! I have 13 fans running perfect. I went over my computer and it has no faults. I just played MW3 with no problems. It's definitely Hawken!

View PostMezion, on November 09 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

DCNZ - sounds kinda like an overheating problem to me - perhaps check the your fans for dust buildup_

I notcied this last night, but was too tired to test it. Told the game to quit, i remember it froze up, can't remember how I got out, but I thought I had waited instead of using task manager. Will try to reproduce.

Alpha 2's epic! Thanks Hawken team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users