HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Animated Main Menu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeathHawk

DeathHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:12 PM

Its just my opinion , but the main menu looks kinda sad and empty . The main menu would look really cool if there would be something animated in it , like dunno , maybe loading of a operating system , something like when you start a match . Cause those static ciphers in main menu look kinda boring . Anyone here sees it the same way_ Maybe something like a matrix loading screen would be nicer .

#2 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's a beta; it might not be the final menu.

Also, I'd rather take a functional, clean menu over a clunky, "pretty" menu. Menus, for how little you look at them, are surprisingly important to a game, long-term. It's one of the things that killed UT3, honestly...
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#3 Salad_Snake

Salad_Snake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:10 PM

The option menu could use a confirm/cancel button. Ultimately I don't think this is even close to the final menu/UI.

#4 DeathHawk

DeathHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:32 PM

As i said its just my opinion , also the menu could be very functional and still have something animated . Its just that in this kina game it would look good , the effect while the mech loads its operating system when you start a match is nice , and this would look good in main menu as a background . Maybe not too stuffed but you know some command lines here and there some changing numbers like they would count something .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users