HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

No OneHit please

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 05:35 PM

No OHK's. Period.

This is a Mech Combat FPS, the devs have specifically said these mechs are not the towering walkers of MW being only slightly larger then a mid-sized truck. With the amount of plate armor on these skeleton's you would need anti-armor gun batteries to even hope of punching through armor and mechanism in one go. Let's stay on the tactical side of FPS can we_

Nothing annoys more then turning to face someone and dying. Which will happen with OHK's.

#42 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hmmm...no its quite easy to one hit destroy a vehicle if you want to speak realistically....it is QUITE EASY. Maybe not one, MAYBE 2 but it could be done.

But yeah one hit kill seems abit annoying and overpowered....
maybe 2-3 hits...

#43 J1

J1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDune

Posted September 11 2011 - 08:39 PM

You guys are all assuming that everyone will have a fixed amount of health, where a "Gauss/sniper/w\e" secondary would do your speculated, 1-2.5 KO.

All the weapons will be a fixed amount of damage. The only thing that effects the weapons damage vs the amount of damage your mech takes, will be with RPG points.

There will be powerful weapons, yes. But the amount of damage they do will be based upon how we spend our RPG points.

To me it would make sense for a small mech that has his points into 2 speed and 1 offense, would get, say, 85% of his life depleted with a secondary hit. Then easily be mowed down in seconds by the machine gun primary, whereas someone with a heavy mech (assuming there is such a mech) would be able to take 3 or 4 secondary direct hits (assuming he hadn't put any points into defense.)

Oh, and Khang Le said in the 16 minute video interview that the battles would be more like halo, short-to-medium 15 second skirmishes, and that there weren't headshots or anything like that.

So, yea.
Posted Image

#44 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 12 2011 - 11:14 AM

J2R said:

You guys are all assuming that everyone will have a fixed amount of health, where a "Gauss/sniper/w\e" secondary would do your speculated, 1-2.5 KO.

All the weapons will be a fixed amount of damage. The only thing that effects the weapons damage vs the amount of damage your mech takes, will be with RPG points.

There will be powerful weapons, yes. But the amount of damage they do will be based upon how we spend our RPG points.

To me it would make sense for a small mech that has his points into 2 speed and 1 offense, would get, say, 85% of his life depleted with a secondary hit. Then easily be mowed down in seconds by the machine gun primary, whereas someone with a heavy mech (assuming there is such a mech) would be able to take 3 or 4 secondary direct hits (assuming he hadn't put any points into defense.)

Oh, and Khang Le said in the 16 minute video interview that the battles would be more like halo, short-to-medium 15 second skirmishes, and that there weren't headshots or anything like that.

So, yea.

First of all, I would not be that sure on whether everyone is going to have the same fixed amount of health. I mean with this that we do not exactly know on how players are rewarded during the future fights in Hawken. That is being rewarded by EUs ( Energy Units ) and/or by Health points. Or at least, I've not arrived to any solid conclusion on this matter at this stage. Thus read open discussions here until the devs throw up new bones to us on the subject.

Second, should we assume on that are you referring to Rocket Propelled Grenades by the RPG instances you posted above_

Third, it has not been mentioned yet, or never will be.. on whether will be several damage modifiers for the available weapons or not. For instance, weapon upgrades which could be earned by accomplishing certain goals or whatever else the devs may have thought about this...

Fourth, in the same way and according to what the devs have explained in the latest gameplay video, the death explosion of the mech of a player seems to have a little AoD ( Area of damage ) with a serious AoE ( Area of Effect ) or a moderate AoE with an average AoE. So in addition to this we do not know yet on the AoE nor on the AoE of RPG based weapons either.

Just for clarifying a little for the sake of the forum newcomers. :)

And my conclusion would be: Nothing would be so frustrating for the average player with a full health bar, like to be killed by one ultimate shot from one only opponent, until the newest patch of the game gets available in the servers.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#45 J1

J1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDune

Posted September 12 2011 - 12:00 PM

The_Silencer said:

J2R said:

So, yea.

First of all, I would not be that sure on whether everyone is going to have the same fixed amount of health. I mean with this that we do not exactly know on how players are rewarded during the future fights in Hawken. That is being rewarded by EUs ( Energy Units ) and/or by Health points. Or at least, I've not arrived to any solid conclusion on this matter at this stage. Thus read open discussions here until the devs throw up new bones to us on the subject.

Second, should we assume on that are you referring to Rocket Propelled Grenades by the RPG instances you posted above_

Third, it has not been mentioned yet, or never will be.. on whether will be several damage modifiers for the available weapons or not. For instance, weapon upgrades which could be earned by accomplishing certain goals or whatever else the devs may have thought about this...

Fourth, in the same way and according to what the devs have explained in the latest gameplay video, the death explosion of the mech of a player seems to have a little AoD ( Area of damage ) with a serious AoE ( Area of Effect ) or a moderate AoE with an average AoE. So in addition to this we do not know yet on the AoE nor on the AoE of RPG based weapons either.

Just for clarifying a little for the sake of the forum newcomers. :)

And my conclusion would be: Nothing would be so frustrating for the average player with a full health bar, like to be killed by one ultimate shot from one only opponent, until the newest patch of the game gets available in the servers.

No dude, you completely missed my point.

Listen to the 16 minute video where they interview Khang Le.

1:40 he talks about the RPG points that you will be able to spend in the beginning of the match. They are RPG points in the sense you can spend them on upgrading your mech's damage, your mech's defense, and your mech's speed.

Like points you would spend in an rpg, a Role Playing Game. Not any weird missle pod or w\e you were talking about.

These points are what would determine how much hp/defense your mech has or how much damage you do or how fast you move, and thus which will determine how much damage weapons will do to your mech.

@ 3:50 he mentions a sniper being one of the available secondaries.

And the moment we have all been waiting for!

@ 6:50 in the video he states, and i quote, "You don't get the one hit kill. Its more similar to halo where if you see someone, you have like a 10-15 second battle back and forth."

Phewwwwwww... Didn't want to have to do that but you left me no choice, Silencer.
Posted Image

#46 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 13 2011 - 08:30 AM

Oooh.. now I do see your point. Hahah.. I was sleepy; no prob. :P

P.S. When I was talking about AoE I should have said DpS ( Damage per Second ) or just Weapon Damage, if you wish..

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users