HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

64 Player maps eh_

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:39 PM

Need more of these pleaseAttached File  your mum.png   730.96K   12 downloads

Edited by Snoof, November 09 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#2 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:41 PM

There are 64 player matches_

because bow ties are cool

#3 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:49 PM

Wait are... are you serious_ These are surely going to be a gigantic clusterfudge on every map (yes even Sahara...)

I- I have to see this. /loads up Hawken.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#4 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostNitris, on November 09 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Wait are... are you serious_ These are surely going to be a gigantic clusterfudge on every map (yes even Sahara...)

I- I have to see this. /loads up Hawken.

+1, saw these last night as well as 32 player servers. They just sound problematic to me without automatic health regen
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#5 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just played on the TDM 32 man server (apty named "TDM Insanity" hah) and holy buzzy funny it was awesome. It was pretty laggy though, but I think that it is more to do with where the server is in the world.
The best way to play it seemed was just bunch up with team mates and stomp around as a big group.
I tried getting a few people to hang with me and "fortify" an area of the map and it was fairly effective... until everyone on my team wandered off elsewhere and left me on my own with my turret against a good 7 or 8 people. =D

Edited by Nitris, November 09 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#6 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:32 PM

There's a 64 player server now too_ Hah, and I thought the 32-man server was already a cluster-bunny.

It's fun, but this game's balance isn't suited to it at all. Getting stuck on your allies because they're always in the way, overheating before the engagement is over because five enemies are sitting at a choke-point, really iffy hit detection... I imagine it's a Sharpshooter's wet dream since they're low-heat and can engage from afar, but it wasn't the best scenario for a Vulcan Assault.

Great fun for a test event, though, eh_

It was fun while it lasted.

#7 MrSpaceCat

MrSpaceCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:24 PM

Very great fun indeed. Holy fuzzy bucking bunny, I just finished playing an hour on the Assault Missile Insanity server, w/ 32 players.

For once, the games were actually quite close. It was a nice change of pace from the usual one-sided Missile matches. I mentioned it in the game chat(also a real nice addition) and multiple people agreed.

It was glorious, but the collision between teammates makes battles in chokepoints like Sahara very hard to maneuver out of...if you even make it out of the storm of boolets.

I must say though, if the devs designed some larger maps for larger rounds, it would be great for team games.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There has to be some basis in logic, otherwise I should be able to pilot a fluffy pink elephant around that killed people with rainbow farts.

#8 Dark_Horse

Dark_Horse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:21 PM

I dislike games with too many mechs. It's way too hectic, not to mention impossible to move around because someone dropped a turret in a doorway...

#9 Frizzled

Frizzled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:34 PM

Played one of these last night and racked-up over 7k exp during a 1+ hour match ... then hit the "no exp for that match" bug =(

#10 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostFrizzled, on November 10 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Played one of these last night and racked-up over 7k exp during a 1+ hour match ... then hit the "no exp for that match" bug =(

restart your client immediately after getting that and it usually fixes it, make sure to end the process before leaving the endgame lobby or it will "sync" the false data with the server and actually override your data serverside, but if you end it before dropping the match it will not sync and next time you start up your serverside files will be loaded, you will retain your previous XP, and probably lose the match-earned XP but hey sure beats getting reset imo

PS there were actually no 64 player maps i was super stoned and nearly flipped when i saw it, thus making a mistake when posting this, its just 32-player fragfest

Edited by Snoof, November 13 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:33 PM

I found while being on a 32 player server that the server itself cannot handle it yet. Maybe it was a stress test and all.. but it couldn't handle the load and would jump everyone's ping 100+ from time to time.

#12 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:39 PM

Honestly, i dont see how this could be any fun given the style of Hawken (i played on the 32 person missile assault, pretty much completely hated it). But hey if other people like it i don't see why it shouldn't be an option.
Posted Image

#13 Tanks

Tanks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostMrSpaceCat, on November 09 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Very great fun indeed. Holy fuzzy bucking bunny, I just finished playing an hour on the Assault Missile Insanity server, w/ 32 players.

For once, the games were actually quite close. It was a nice change of pace from the usual one-sided Missile matches. I mentioned it in the game chat(also a real nice addition) and multiple people agreed.

It was glorious, but the collision between teammates makes battles in chokepoints like Sahara very hard to maneuver out of...if you even make it out of the storm of boolets.

I must say though, if the devs designed some larger maps for larger rounds, it would be great for team games.

Yeah I can see it working and being fun if they actually did implement specific maps for 64 player matches and also tweak how the scoring and overall game mode progresses. I was stuck in one of these matches for 2 hours+ in the sahara map (siege game mode) with no end in sight. Both teams prty much shot down the ship every single time even when they were pressured by the opposite side.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users