HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Assault dash spamming broken

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoStoner

PsychoStoner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:52 PM

If the walls in the game didn't lag you or freeze you up for a long period of time then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:53 PM

Could you be more specific and detailed about what you think is broken about it_ Just describing it in four words makes it almost impossible to understand exactly what you think should change.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 PsychoStoner

PsychoStoner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:59 PM

Spamming dash over and over with a smaller hitbox is broken. It's broken because a slower mech who touches a wall once without this dash spam power get stuck and it screws up everything against this. Fix the collision with the walls and objects and it wouldn't be a problem.

#4 handofgod666

handofgod666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:21 PM

Thats true. i play assault and whenever i just bump into a wall its game over. I stop and get stuck. Really bad when your useing your thrusters because its like someone put the breaks on. wasnt like this in beta 1.

#5 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:35 PM

As a Brawler player though, if I managed to press one of you lighter classes into a corner or a wall - I feel I should damn well be rewarded for it. You didn't look where you were going and slammed yourself into a wall. Tough luck, eat TOW.

#6 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't have too much trouble with the walls, but they do stop your mech in it's place a lot for even just barely grazing it. slamming straight into a wall from dodging is one thing, but walking/boosting by and barely grazing a wall shouldn't stop your momentum completely.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#7 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:55 PM

The issue here isn't with the mechanics of the game, it's that you're not used to the size of your collision hitbox. I've died due to my own mistakes where I'll cut a corner too tightly and get stuck there, quickly becoming cannon fodder. Adapt to the new size.

Seriously, just make that turn wider than you think you'll need and you won't encounter this issue. (Until a teammate in a C class decides to ram you repeatedly.)
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#8 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:06 AM

View Postnonsiccus, on November 09 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

The issue here isn't with the mechanics of the game, it's that you're not used to the size of your collision hitbox. I've died due to my own mistakes where I'll cut a corner too tightly and get stuck there, quickly becoming cannon fodder. Adapt to the new size.

Seriously, just make that turn wider than you think you'll need and you won't encounter this issue. (Until a teammate in a C class decides to ram you repeatedly.)

Posted Image

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#9 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:31 AM

hm I haven't noticed this issue at all, I learned in the last CB to be aware of the walls and corners since it's a good way to eat a lot of explosives in the face.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#10 pr0faker

pr0faker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:39 AM

that is also very annoying, if you think you are far enough from a wall to shoot the tow or hellfires they still hit the wall but I can actually see that the gun is way clear of that wall. Very annoying.

#11 MVRS

MVRS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:54 AM

it wont be so annoying if everyone is treated the same way

but the smaller mechs (berserker) can just dash spam with nearly no penalties compared to assaults

oh well its Cbeta 2 ,

#12 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:37 PM

The A class mechs also top out their health pool at around 550.
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#13 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostElix, on November 09 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Could you be more specific and detailed about what you think is broken about it_ Just describing it in four words makes it almost impossible to understand exactly what you think should change.
As far as I can tell, the recent Beta update changed the dash mechanics some how. Took me like 1 game or 2 to get used to it, so it was defiantly "different". No idea how though. Perhaps they just changed the speed/cooldown. As before that game I could move, after I moved, but ended up mashing a key expecting a boost, and got no boost. Now I wait a little extra each boost. Not sure if it's lag or intentional as said.

PS, I've not worries if it is intentional. I would wonder if my hit box is accidentally too big though. I upped my FOV and got use to missing the walls in BETA 1 (and alpha), so was not expecting the change. I guess the best games are the Alphas (hands down!) and the changes that come after are always difficult to learn. :P

Edited by FluxX, November 10 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#14 LoganGoesPlaces

LoganGoesPlaces

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:29 PM

I have definitely noticed myself getting stuck on walls/random pipes/etc a lot more in CBE2.  Especially when I am dashing side to side.  Not sure if I just need to be more aware of my environment or what but it gets pretty annoying at times.

#15 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postnonsiccus, on November 10 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

They top out at 500. 550 is with a certain perk; the same perk that lets B-Class go from 675 to 750 and C-Class from 850 to 925.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#16 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 10 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

View Postnonsiccus, on November 10 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

They top out at 500. 550 is with a certain perk; the same perk that lets B-Class go from 675 to 750 and C-Class from 850 to 925.
For the record, if you optimize and outfit right, an A-Class can have 670 health.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#17 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 11 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 11 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

For the record, if you optimize and outfit right, an A-Class can have 670 health.
Hm, I must've missed some of the optimizations, then.

I know I pick up the large boosts, but I may not bother with the small ones.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#18 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 05:47 AM

Yeah, if you spec into the def tree to pick up the +75hp, and then drop points into mobility to pickup the +15hp 3 times, and equip the +50HP internal you can get just below the B class base health.

Very effective build what with all the added defence and mobility ontop of the A class' great mobility anyway- I've used it since Alpha2.

Heck to be honest this build is pretty effective no matter what mech you are in. Can get the C class to 1070HP, while making it a bit more mobile along the way. =D
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#19 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostNitris, on November 11 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

Yeah, if you spec into the def tree to pick up the +75hp, and then drop points into mobility to pickup the +15hp 3 times, and equip the +50HP internal you can get just below the B class base health.

Very effective build what with all the added defence and mobility ontop of the A class' great mobility anyway- I've used it since Alpha2.

Heck to be honest this build is pretty effective no matter what mech you are in. Can get the C class to 1070HP, while making it a bit more mobile along the way. =D
Yeah. Right now, except for maybe a Sharpshooter build, I find optimizing to stack health the best possible thing to do. It's just plain superior to anything else.
If the health bonuses were percentage based, and not just a fixed amount, I think it would be better.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#20 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:36 AM

To be honest, even if the Health boosts were percentage based, I think I'd spec into them all the same.

I've checked my health at the end of numerous battles to find my mech is barely limping along with less than 75HP left.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users