HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Maps!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SlipSilk

SlipSilk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:04 PM

While the game play is good,  so far I really hate these maps!...  I hope that at some point that there will be some woodland maps  or maps with open spaces.   Right now the maps make me feel really claustrophobic ..

#2 hitabowl

hitabowl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:08 PM

I agree. I'm hoping when when CBE3 or Open Beta finally comes around, there's a lot more diversity in maps, mechs, systems and the like.

#3 Hax

Hax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:15 PM

HIGHER MAPS PLEASE, with some real vertical dynamic, cities with groups of skyscrapers and jetpack boost on those maps would be sick!

#4 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostSlipSilk, on November 09 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I hope that at some point that there will be some woodland maps  or maps with open spaces.

Right so woodland maps just wont happen in Hawken. The background is a massively over-industrialised planet that's run out of resources. There aren't going to be trees. There might be some kind of funky alternative but I wouldn't think it would work.

Secondly, open maps are not what the game is intended for. There are pockets of open space on all the maps and use of elevation and the correct angles means you can hit stuff from miles away. They don't need any thing more. The mechanics of the game work on the close quarters, fast paced action fighting mech on mech and not long range slug fests. It would break the balance of the game. You can not just add in dramatically different maps into the pool as maps play a huge part in the balance of a game.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, if this is what you want from the game then you have missed the point of it. Sorry

Posted Image

#5 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:11 AM

my favourite map is alleys with andromeda in second place (i hate sahara)

OT: i would like a wooded map like stated above that would be interesting

#6 Wikus

Wikus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:32 AM

Yep the theme is an over run sci fi industrialized planet, however there could be a map of a ruined area that blends the creeping of some vegetation and  life. eg, vines, weeds, though it may end up being a heavier rendered environment.
This is basically a guy, and there's 3 humans here, basically trying to make a warning, you know, saying "I kill 3 humans, watch out for me."

#7 MVRS

MVRS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:12 PM

a desolated bio lab would be cool.

jungle cqb, yeah~

#8 Lirnak

Lirnak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:21 PM

Totally agreed with map more open !
Posted Image

#9 Grayk

Grayk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:20 PM

The maps are very well thought out and well designed but sometimes too small, and too few.
But note that Hawken is an independent free game, making it powerful! ;-)
Hope devs will add maps and news features through updates.

#10 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostGrayk, on November 10 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

The maps are very well thought out and well designed but sometimes too small, and too few.
But note that Hawken is an independent free game, making it powerful! ;-)
Hope devs will add maps and news features through updates.

I'm confident they will add more maps sometime in Open Beta. There are more important things for them to do right now, but they may have some in the works anyway. Lets just wait and see.

#11 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:24 PM

Crossing fingers! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#12 EmFire

EmFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostHax, on November 09 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

HIGHER MAPS PLEASE, with some real vertical dynamic, cities with groups of skyscrapers and jetpack boost on those maps would be sick!

This please. And I would like to emphasize the word "dynamic" in general for the type of maps I would like to see.
I'd like to see a map which takes place on the Ocean or coastline with oil rig-like platforms, or from an air-carrier which drops mecha on to a mega-scraper environment. This may require high-performance boosters, with highly increased fuel allowances, or perhaps a super-mobile mech class versed for flight, similarly an amphibious mech class would allow for a variety of new map possibilities. :)

Thanks.

Edited by EmFire, November 10 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#13 Cest7

Cest7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationVan

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:28 PM

This game will blow away the competition with a good map selection.
Bah weep granah weep ninnybong, the universal greeting works every time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users